ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatch
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Name is Mike, and I’m finally a WRX owner. Wife and I bought a 2017 Outback about 2 years ago and we’ve loved it, so I’ve had my eyes on a WRX since.
Found this ‘14 hatch near us with 83k miles, 1 owner, regular dealer service, immaculate in and out. Planning on getting that door dent pulled and just little things here and there. Hopefully get out to some autocross events this summer too.

Glad to be here and learn some more!

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
71 Posts
Ooof what a gorgeous find! Congrats! Beautiful shot too. Widebody hatches are just :love:

What do you have planned for it?

·
10,473 Posts
Great looking cars and the factory wheels don't suck like the VA wheels

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooof what a gorgeous find! Congrats! Beautiful shot too. Widebody hatches are just :love:

What do you have planned for it?
Little interior things to make it my own, boost gauge comes in on Monday, maybe a custom shift boot like I did with my s13 back in the day. Eventually grab an AP and some wheels/tires as spares for auto-x, and coils/arms at some point too.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
71 Posts
Little interior things to make it my own, boost gauge comes in on Monday, maybe a custom shift boot like I did with my s13 back in the day. Eventually grab an AP and some wheels/tires as spares for auto-x, and coils/arms at some point too.
Nice. Keep it simple. What boost gauge did you go with? Thinking about getting one myself and saw this one by NewSouth Performance that imitates the factory gauge cluster. Have yet to see anyone mention using them though. Just a suggestion.

·
Æternum
15,132 Posts
Stock?

If so, that's a rare find.

·
10,473 Posts
Can't coils land you in a bracket you are not competitive in?

Either way, you may find koni inserts and race comp springs a better all around combo depending on the budget.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't coils land you in a bracket you are not competitive in?

Either way, you may find koni inserts and race comp springs a better all around combo depending on the budget.
Good point, I didn’t think about that. 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts