Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I picked up a 2018 White STI over the weekend and was told to come check out this forum! Apparently I was the first in Canada to order one (ordered it back in April) and it arrived about 3 weeks ago but I couldn't pick it up as I was out of town. Either way, I got it now and man am I happy with it! Hoping to learn a lot here and get the most out of my car! Looking forward to meeting all you guys!

Phil

·
Æternum
15,466 Posts
Welcome to Club Phil!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wrx lease

Spoke to my subaru dealer and the wrx i want to buy is 29K I also looked at there certified pre owned wrx models from the years 2014-2015 and they were selling those vechicles for 22-23K, knowing the Wrx tends to hold its value in 3 years from now a 2017 wrx should not cost less then 21K with that being said im interested in leasing which means i would pay around 8K for 36 months, correct? (Please let me know if im wrong) i plan on doing a 2,000 down payment leving me to pay 6,000 with in 36 months which I calculated to be 170 per month. Now my question is why is everyone on the forums stating there are paying $250-$300 a month. Am i missing something? Did I calculate wrong? Please let me know. Also i dont drive more then 8K miles a year so the plan with 10k miles would be more then enough (i would return the car with less then 30k miles)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spoke to my subaru dealer and the wrx i want to buy is 29K I also looked at there certified pre owned wrx models from the years 2014-2015 and they were selling those vechicles for 22-23K, knowing the Wrx tends to hold its value in 3 years from now a 2017 wrx should not cost less then 21K with that being said im interested in leasing which means i would pay around 8K for 36 months, correct? (Please let me know if im wrong) i plan on doing a 2,000 down payment leving me to pay 6,000 with in 36 months which I calculated to be 170 per month. Now my question is why is everyone on the forums stating there are paying $250-$300 a month. Am i missing something? Did I calculate wrong? Please let me know. Also i dont drive more then 8K miles a year so the plan with 10k miles would be more then enough (i would return the car with less then 30k miles)
I'm not sure I understand your logic. Are you trying to say that just because a used vehicle costs $8,000.00 less than brand new, that you should be able to only lease the car for 8K? If so, then you are waaaaaay off my friend.

1) You should NEVER put money down on a lease. (why would you? you don't own the car in the end anyways so there's no point). The money you're putting down is only to lower the payment and does not reduce the residual at the end of the lease.

2) Your monthly payment is dependent on residual of the vehicle at the end of your lease and your interest rate. The average is 40-50% of the vehicle, so you are essentially going to be paying for 15-18K (depending on residual percentage) of the vehicle throughout the course of the lease. Even if we take out all taxes and fees from the dealership plus interest, your payment would be $312.50 on a 4 year lease.

3) If you returned your vehicle at the end of the lease and the buyout is $14,000.00, that doesn't mean the dealership will sell it for 14K. They still need to safety/certify the vehicle, complete a vehicle condition report and then make sure that everything is okay for them to put back on the lot PLUS mark it up, thus getting you to the 21-22K that you're looking at.

TL;DR
A lease does not mean it only costs you the depreciation of the vehicle.

Hope that helps bud.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also have a question, I've noticed that the reception for my satellite radio is absolute garbage! Even if I drive under a tree or an underpass, the sat radio cuts out. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes this helps alot, as im new to leasing i have always thought that when you lease a car you pay the difference from it being brand new to used, since why bmw and range rovers have an expensive lease due to the car loosing falue after a few years. I would only make a down payment to lower monthly costs make it more easier to pay bills over time

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you have the recaro ultrasuede seats and how do you like them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You bet I do and I like them a lot. I came from a BMW 335 XI M performance and I found those seats to be more comfortable and held you better. They're still nice nonetheless but I LOVE the red seat belts!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts