Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2019 WRX Limited. Got it a week ago, going through break in period still... and have gone over the 4K limit a couple times already- couldn't help myself! Oops.

Anyway- I think the car is a super value and it's mostly going to be my daily driver, especially in the winter. Big decision maker for me was the good performing boxer engine in a car with AWD! I've read a bunch on the forums and am still researching.

I've noticed a few things already that apparently are well know.

1) Factory shifter is sloppy. Looking around for ideas. I've heard mixed things about the factory STI STS upgrade.
2) Clutch is absolutely odd. Engages very close to floor and I'm still trying to figure it out. Still bucking around between gears. LOL
3) Dead spot at 4K RPM. Yikes first time I went over 4K I was waiting for some acceleration and I was like WTF?

So now I'm looking for cheap winter wheels to throw on some good winter tires. I'll probably go with Blizzaks but I'm open for ideas on wheel choices. Do you guys install TPMs on the new wheels? Do they 'auto' find the new tires?

Anyway- great car and I'll be poking around the forum for some answers! Thx

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Welcome! Glad you are enjoying your new wrx!

The best shifting upgrade, in my opinion, is the Kartboy short throw shifter kit with the bushings. This will show 10 times the improvement in shifting compared to the STi kit.

Other than that, the clutch in these cars is something to get used to. Some time behind the wheel and you'll get the hang of it!

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Here is the link for their short shifter kit for your car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts