ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about coming down to bandi for my first run ever. Any suggestions i.e. times, dates, cost thinks I should and should not bring? Anyone else intrested in going? Don't matter what day I am game hoping to go sometime in the middle of august.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Come on down !

Come on down --- the wed's night test and tune is probably the best if your coming down for the first time.

You'll want to get there about 3:30 - 4:00 so you can get in when they first open the gates. The first hour or so the crowd is much less, and if its a quiet day, you might get as many as 9 runs, if you get there early.

Things to bring.

Small cooler with beverage of choice -- No alcohol of course!
A bottle of Ice water if nothing else, is good when its really warm. Some munchies -- bag of chips/pretzles/peanuts, candy, etc.

You'll need long pants, (no shorts) bring a helmet if you expect to run under 14.00 seconds, but if you don't have one they will rent you one for $10 IIRC.

For the car:
At least a spray bottle to help cool the intercooler. Lots of folks bring a small garden spray tank full of water it makes it very easy to cool the car in the pits.

A tire gauge you trust, an air pump for the tires to avoid running up to the fuel area to bump up tire pressures.

Basic set of tools, a small tarp to cover your stuff in case it trys to rain.

I use one of those large plastic snap on lid totes to put all my odds and ends in.

You can put all your stuff in the tote and leave it in the pits covered with the tarp when your running. (also helps to mark your pit area as being used, to avoid making a run and coming back to find 3 cars parked where you intended to pit) Use your spare tire, and jack to hold the tarp in place (wind can spread your stuff all over the pit area otherwise)

Paper towels, flash light (for when it gets dark) some electrical tape, a roll of duct tape, some waterless hand cleaner ( a bottle of hand lotion will also work as a hand cleaner) some sun block, a hat with a brim and sun glasses can be nice to have. a light jacket for late in the evening or if it rains, a note pad to record things like what tire pressures you were running, and any observations on each run. (if you don't jot it down after each run, you'll forget lots of useful info) An old bath towel, a couple feet of bailing wire or some zip ties. Some window cleaner like windex. A couple grease rags. A couple spare radiator hose clamps of various sizes.

A pair of leather gloves can be handy.
A 5 gallon plastic fuel can, so you can buy race fuel. A large funnel for the fuel filler. A couple quarts of your oil of choice. A couple 2 liter soda bottles full of water for the cooling system.

That should cover 99% of the issues your likely to run into.

Larry

·
Registered
347 Posts
Re: Come on down !

hotrod said:
Come on down --- the wed's night test and tune is probably the best if your coming down for the first time.

You'll want to get there about 3:30 - 4:00 so you can get in when they first open the gates. The first hour or so the crowd is much less, and if its a quiet day, you might get as many as 9 runs, if you get there early.

Things to bring.

A bottle of Ice water if nothing else, is good when its really warm. Some munchies -- bag of chips/pretzles/peanuts, candy, etc.

You'll need long pants, (no shorts) bring a helmet if you expect to run under 14.00 seconds, but if you don't have one they will rent you one for $10 IIRC.

For the car:
At least a spray bottle to help cool the intercooler. Lots of folks bring a small garden spray tank full of water it makes it very easy to cool the car in the pits.

A tire gauge you trust, an air pump for the tires to avoid running up to the fuel area to bump up tire pressures.

I use one of those large plastic snap on lid totes to put all my odds and ends in.

You can put all your stuff in the tote and leave it in the pits covered with the tarp when your running. (also helps to mark your pit area as being used, to avoid making a run and coming back to find 3 cars parked where you intended to pit) Use your spare tire, and jack to hold the tarp in place (wind can spread your stuff all over the pit area otherwise)

Paper towels, flash light (for when it gets dark) some electrical tape, a roll of duct tape, some waterless hand cleaner ( a bottle of hand lotion will also work as a hand cleaner) some sun block, a hat with a brim and sun glasses can be nice to have. a light jacket for late in the evening or if it rains, a note pad to record things like what tire pressures you were running, and any observations on each run. (if you don't jot it down after each run, you'll forget lots of useful info) An old bath towel, a couple feet of bailing wire or some zip ties. Some window cleaner like windex. A couple grease rags. A couple spare radiator hose clamps of various sizes.

A 5 gallon plastic fuel can, so you can buy race fuel. A large funnel for the fuel filler. A couple quarts of your oil of choice. A couple 2 liter soda bottles full of water for the cooling system.

Larry

Wow some body was a boy scout!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy S***

Thanks for the help I did not expect to read a novel/survival list when I woke up this morning but thanks for all the help. I will try to make it down the second wednsday in August if anyone wants to meet me there I am game.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Re: Come on down !

hotrod said:

Things to bring.

For the car:

Larry

Damn Larry you dont forget a thing. I started reading and the list just kept going! Very good info though. I never thought of a note pad that could be very helpful, I will start bringing one.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Never had a problem

I've never had a problem.

You cover it to keep the temptation down, but there are too many big guys with wrenches in their hands for most punks to risk it.

You never know who knows who and you just might get invited to a dance if you mess with other peoples stuff.

Larry

·
Registered
347 Posts
My dad leaves all his stuff at the top too. His theory: If you can't trust the people who come to legally race, you can trust no-one. And if you can't take risks with that, then you may as well lock yourself in your house, never own any thing worth value, and try to just fit in with the rest of the boring world.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The people who race at Bandimere are Family. I trust my tools left there. I loan them to strangers even and have never been burnt. I trust ET and ClubClash nights most, followed by Test nights. I don't think I would leave my stuff around on NHRA or IDRC import events. Too many kids.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kids?

I'm only 20 years old which makes me still a "kid" technically which is why right now I really don't trust anybody but I am willing to take a chance on most of the guys in here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts