Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, like the title says I will be buying a WRX. I want to get information from everyone that has and currently owns one. I have bought a car in the past (2016 Ford Focus ST) without getting any information about it.

I don’t want to mess up buying my second car like I did with the first. I want to buy a 2019 STI, solely because of the wing. I understand that’s a dumb reason but it is a reason. But if it’s not worth it then by all means let me know. Also I know that the STI is running on a older platform than the WRX, if you guys think I should wait on the STI for another year because they plan to change the platform also let me know.

Thank you kind people even though I’ll probably get **** for not looking at other forums and yada yada.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Folks here are pretty nice overall . . . you will most likely not get a lot of crap.

I've read that the WRX is a daily driver that you can take auto cross and the STI is a great auto cross vehicle that you can drive daily . . . or something along those lines.

Most folks say the WRX generally is easier to live with day in and day out in terms of gas mileage and ride, but that doesn't mean the STI is only a track car.

You really need to figure out what you want to do with your car (autocross or not, modding or not, etc.), look at the features of both cars and your budget.

I went with the WRX myself because for me I know I'm not going to autocross . . . and to be honest I'm quite frugal and realized I would probably never need all of the stuff that the STI brings to the table.

That said . . . many times folks will swap trunks and wings . . . it is not uncommon to see a WRX with a wing.

·
Registered
403 Posts
JimmyDeans, drive the car. Drive it on the freeway and on the worst roads (bumps) possible. The jarring ride gets old quick. The WRX is quite harsh on rough roads, but the STi is ridiculous. To some it doesn't bother them. To me, it got old very quick.

As Firefighterjake states, do a trunk swap if the wing is your only reason for an STi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts