Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just bought my first Subaru. It’s a 2017 Subaru WRX. I’m new to this but I love it, and now I’m wishing I bought an STI. It’s probably best that I start with the WRX though.

Just curious because I’ve heard a couple things that might help with pick up and adding HP to it. Does anyone know how E85 gas goes with it? A friend that drifts cars says he uses it on his car and it adds some kick to it. I also noticed they did not reinstall the air intake duct after installing the aftermarket mishimoto air intake system. Should I get one?

Thanks for the help. I’ll show it off soon.

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
You have to be tuned for the aftermarket intake. Either source a factory intake or source a way to tune for that intake.

E85 doesn't play well with the high pressure fuel pump. It burns them up when ethanol content is that high. I believe lower ethanol mixes are fine such as e50. However hpfps are expensive, so for my money I would avoid e85 all together. It's an expensive endeavor with the other required components like fuel pump, ethanol sensor, and the tuning.

The fa20f has responded best to modifications to the cold side. Intake, egr, tgv deletes and the like. All of it needs a method to calibrate the ECU. You can pick your poison but cobb is typically the go to as it's readily available and easy to use the accessport.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts