Registered
4,033 Posts
thought:

anything is doable with enough money.

If you want 400awhp you need to do a lot more research

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
300 AWHP is quick car...when you make it that far, then think twice about the money you want to spend on going 400 AWHP, its not cheap.
+1

thought:

anything is doable with enough money.

If you want 400awhp you need to do a lot more research
A lot of research.

Did some research found that 400I whp is possible with stock internals....and thoughts on this
Possible yes. Stretching it though. Look at my build thread. I have well over 10k dumped into my car and I'm not quite at 400whp. I could get there with a little bit bigger turbo but that sacrafices the road driveability of it. Once you start pushing 350whp you've significantly compromised the longevity of your motor.

·
Æternum
20,575 Posts
Ha. You have a 2002 WRX. The EJ205 internals are only capable of 400whp in your wildest dreams. Oh right, then there's your transmission.

Seriously. How many threads are we going to get regarding 400 whp? Stock, bugeyes put down 170 whp. Do you seriously think that 400whp won't damage anything???

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Maybe he only wants that kind of output for a few minutes? Surely the stock guts can handle that, Zach. Always the naysayer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im aware of tyranny issues but just about to purchase some upgrades just not trying to spend money in an unnecessary way.

·
8,921 Posts
Im aware of tyranny issues but just about to purchase some upgrades just not trying to spend money in an unnecessary way.
Any money spent on upgrades is not out of necessity.

·
8,921 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im just a lil confused about the tuning aspect.....the upgrades ill have are more then the stage two tune from cobb....romraider maybe this is all new area for.me but all I no is I wanna go fast lol just not blow my **** up that's all

·
8,921 Posts
Im just a lil confused about the tuning aspect.....the upgrades ill have are more then the stage two tune from cobb....romraider maybe this is all new area for.me but all I no is I wanna go fast lol just not blow my **** up that's all
Go read the tuning sub forum.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And that's exactly y I have this username lol im going to daytona baby lol that's going on the flick as soon as I get it lol

·
Æternum
20,575 Posts
Yea ima have too .....so should I be worried about bigger power wih 109 k on an ej205 motor
You should be worried about "bigger power" on the EJ205 with 1 mile.

·
8,921 Posts
Yea ima have too .....so should I be worried about bigger power wih 109 k on an ej205 motor
Spend the money on a built motor if you want to go fast. If you're going to regularly track your car then I bet you only get 1000 race miles out of it, if you're lucky. That's being incredibly generous.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
What are your compression / leakdown tests?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts