ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings everyone!

I've been combing the forums for weeks now doing research into Subarus as I shopped for a daily driver. My girlfriend and I have just started scuba diving and it's been a real challenge to cram all the gear into my current car. I'm also starting to grow weary of driving a track car on the street and I have been anxious to pick up a car that's not going to scrape on every parking lot and rattle my fillings loose on these bumpy central Houston roads.

I went and test drove an '11 last weekend and it was a blast (not that I'm telling you guys anything you don't already know). I was torn between the WRX and stepping up for an STI, but after driving the WRX I'm confident it'll be more than enough fun for me.

Monday I put a deposit down on a WR blue '12 WRX Limited 5 door that is due to arrive at my dealer on 7 November. No navigation (which I don't think I'll miss) but it will have the SPT exhaust and the short throw shifter.

This will be my first Subaru, my first AWD car. Heck, I've only had one other car in the past decade that's even had a back seat and that one wasn't really functional. I'm probably not going to know what to do with all this practicality.

Quite excited, and I'm counting the days. Thanks to everyone here for the great threads and wealth of information -- it sure makes the purchase decisionmaking go a lot smoother.

(Rarh is a trendsetter, I guess. He and I just ordered very similar cars)

4-Nov-2011: Picked it up this morning!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
463 Posts
You're going to love the WRX as a daily driver. I came from an e46 M3 and was worried it would be a downgrade but I would never call it that, in terms of the driving experience. The WRX actually has slightly quicker turn in, which makes it a lot of fun when the roads get curvy!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Very nice, congrats! You're going to love the cargo space. ;-)

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Sweet! I didn't think I would like the new headlights but, they really don't look bad! Congrats on the new Rex!

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
You don't happen to see a white Porsche 944 with a LS1 when you go to track days do you? That's my buddy Phil if you do see him tell him Drews says, "What's up?"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts