ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuZdJko6gIDRdFdOLUlDd2hoUkV4NHRpd3hKNEY5eUE&hl=en_US#gid=0

My first ever datalog! Feels damn good.
Anyway, I know I didn't log all of the values I should have and probably logged some that I didn't need, but I am a total novice here so please bare with me.
Also, I was unaware of how to toggle the logger on and off, so this log stretches for my entire 15 minute drive. How can I tell when I'm at WOT?
Is my "Actual Boost" column calculated correctly (Target Boost - Boost Error = Actual)?

Any help at all is appreciated!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Yeah.........I'm not reading through 15 minutes of logging when all you need is a 10sec WOT run.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll bet it would take someone of your stature approximately 35 seconds to tell me something useful.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I'll bet it would take someone of your stature approximately 35 seconds to tell me something useful.
He hasn't said anything useful in 6 years, why would you thing he'd start now??? ;)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
maw230 said:
Give us a useful datalog, we'll give you a useful response ;)

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Looks fine to me but it is sorted very oddly - sort it by time and repost.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Log looks fine, but it isn't a complete pull. We need ~2500 RPM all the way to redline at 100% throttle. This only has about 1200 RPM worth of 100% throttle. So there is no telling how it's doing outside of that.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
2nd gear is fine so you don't have to pull to 85mph

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2nd gear is fine so you don't have to pull to 85mph
Good deal. I couldn't get to redline in 3rd last night. I chose an entrance ramp with a wicked curve at the end, so I had to let off.

Do these logs tell you anything though? Do my boost numbers look ok?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Do these logs tell you anything though? Do my boost numbers look ok?
They honestly tell us nothing. Like said already you got a small window of usable data where still you where you were on and off the throttle constantly. And an off/on ramp isn't the best place. A nice straight and as flat as possible road is best. Your logging way to many parameters that really tell you nothing at this point. Don't log any of the AF corrections,CL/OL status,pick one of the engine loads and you don't need gear position. The more parameters you log the less resolution you get. The less resolution you get,the less accurate the data is. You also started the log off at 4100rpm. 2500rpm-redline at 100% throttle is how the log should look. Not starting at 4100rpm and going up and down.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tuning-electronic-engine-management/134322905-datalogging-romraider.html

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The more parameters you log the less resolution you get. The less resolution you get,the less accurate the data is.
I read that yesterday, but they didn't explain what resolution meant in this context, so I was left confused. Makes sense now though! Just need to find a road...

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Also by doing the logs correctly (2500rpm-redline WOT) it allows you to graph the data to help visualize and detect issues faster by using tools like Airboys spread sheets or make a nice road dyno graph.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts