ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

This is my first post. By way of introduction I'm a retired school teacher who loves his 2004 WRX! My son has a Subaru, my daughter had one, and my other daughter is buying an Outback.

The first thing I tell all of them is DON'T USE THE CUPHOLDER!!! :nono:, for obvious reasons! Well, maybe not so obvious because my wife drove it yesterday, managed to figure out how it worked, put her coffee in it, hit a bump, and you know the rest.

So I got the defunct radio out; the dealer said they can send them out to be refurbished for $250-$350. I kind of like the idea of keeping things original.

So, aftermarket, or get it fixed? I'm fine with the unit (when it worked).

Thanks much,
Steve

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Stock radios sell for $50 or so used in the classified section on here/Nasioc. I'd say buy one of those instead of the price the dealership wants.

Alternatively, go aftermarket

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Club fellow 2004 WRX driver!

Stock radios sell for $50 or so used in the classified section on here/Nasioc. I'd say buy one of those instead of the price the dealership wants.

Alternatively, go aftermarket
Agreed. Used or aftermarket.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Rambo!----

I'll take you up on your offer! Your unit appears to be all black; mine is black/silver but that's fine with me. I just posted a wanted ad but will cancel it.

I'm new to this forum---is there a way to handle this by pm?

Thanks much,
Steve

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Steve40 said:
Hi Rambo!----

I'll take you up on your offer! Your unit appears to be all black; mine is black/silver but that's fine with me. I just posted a wanted ad but will cancel it.

I'm new to this forum---is there a way to handle this by pm?

Thanks much,
Steve
Next time you login, you should see a prompt saying you have a PM.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I have an OEM 2006 6cd changer from my WRX that has only a year of usage on it... been sitting in the box since. If you'd like it, let me know. I'd understand keeping it original though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you! I have a unit on it's way from a 2003---I'm wondering if yours would be an easy install for my 2004. It looks different from mine, but may have the same dimensions for an easy replacement.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts