Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a call from Curry's. The WRX is completo...fineto...ready for war. It's dyno'd at 250 hp to the wheels, though. Supposedly, this is right on the money because TXS's dynojet reads a little higher than Curry's Mustang dyno. Does that sound about right to you guys?

Going to pick it up after work today! Woohoo!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Curry's

Congrats on your set up. How much did Curry's charge you for the install and tuning? I may take my car there to have them put the injectors and dyno tune my SAFC.
I know they quoted me like 250 or more to put in my up-pipe (which still happens to be sitting in a closet)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charges and Dyno Chart

$1200 for the TXS Stage 4 installation.

The freaking gauges cost an arm and a leg, though.

The car is STRONG, surprisingly strong. I was following my wife in the M Roadster and it took some doing to reel the WRX in. I used to pull on the WRX so easily. Now, it's a much lengthier process.

We're digging it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Which shop is this again that you dyno your car?
I'm assuming its in VA.

Pruven hp numbers also reads extermely high compare with other car with similar mods. They're use a dynojet AWD and the readings are "Actual and not SAE corrected" numbers.

Good numbers by the way.

·
Registered
55 Posts
BTW, do you have the scan or pics of dyno graph?
Just like to see the torque, hp's and rpm numbers.:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dazz said:
Which shop is this again that you dyno your car?
I assuming its in VA also.

Pruven hp numbers also readys extermely high compare with other car with similar mods. They use a dynojet AWD and the numbers are usually "Actual and not SAE corrected" numbers.

Good numbers by the way.
Thanks alot! So, these numbers seem OK? Not too low? Any estimate of 1/4 mile times to be expected based on these figures? Just wondering.

The is Curry's Auto in Ashburn, VA. www.currysauto.com

As for the chart, did my link not work? It's the chart.
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=266890

Thanks again!

·
Registered
55 Posts
M Roadster+WRX said:

Thanks alot! So, these numbers seem OK? Not too low? Any estimate of 1/4 mile times to be expected based on these figures? Just wondering.

The is Curry's Auto in Ashburn, VA. www.currysauto.com

As for the chart, did my link not work? It's the chart.
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=266890

Thanks again!
With 250WHP on a Mustang dyno and good driver. A 12 second 1/4mile time can easily be achieved (assuming your 60ft times are near the 1.8's.)
There are a few guys putting down that much power and already running 12's .

Your link works but it requires for us to register for membership.

·
Registered
126 Posts
POSTING GRAPH

Save the picture to your hard drive and post it from there as an attachment.

I'm curious to see this graph also.

Dave

·
Registered
679 Posts
honestly, the numbers are a little low. I dyno'd on a mustang dyno (only 4" dp, 3.14" ex, TXS unichip) and made 228whp and 235wtq. So all those mods only made 20whp and about 10 ft lbs peak. A friend with the FP upraded stocker made similar numbers are you. Granted, you have more area under the curve (just look at redline power!), but people are making 30+ more whp with the same setup.

I'd look for a reason why. What boost were you running and what kind of boost controller? Good luck.

-C

btw, here is my dyno
http://www3.honda-perf.org/community/members/TypeC/dyno.jpg

·
Registered
679 Posts
here are both charts side by side (my eyes were hurting clicking back and forth:) )

btw, the guy with the fp turbo (245 peak, 220 at redline) ran a [email protected] You should be around 12.8 I'd think with a good launch. I say, more boost!

-C (soon to be stge 4)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, the aux. boost controller is set to 17psi. I'm told we can up it a little safely and alot with race fuel for track days.

I wonder if it'll read higher after the computer adjusts like my BMW did (went from 295 to 323 at the wheels for the Stage 1 SC kit).

Dunno. Thinking about a FMIC...

·
Registered
679 Posts
M Roadster+WRX said:
Well, the aux. boost controller is set to 17psi. I'm told we can up it a little safely and alot with race fuel for track days.

I wonder if it'll read higher after the computer adjusts like my BMW did (went from 295 to 323 at the wheels for the Stage 1 SC kit).

oh, you just installed you unichip. Hmm, you're definately out of some power. I can feel the car keep getting stronger for the first week to week and half. That's probably 10-20hp right there. Not only that, but you can run more than 17psi (stock STi boost) on pump gas. I plan on running 17daily, and 19-19.5 for a good run all on 93. You still have plenty more room to grow. Good luck man.

btw, do you have an uppipe? (I don't yet :( )

·
2,210 Posts
M Roadster+WRX said:

FWIW I was running around 19psi with stage-4, but have pulled this back to ~18psi as I was getting some pretty good spikes under heavy load with the ABC. I will probably move to a Blitz SBC-id sometime soon. I usually run 93.5 octane, but some days end up on 91 if I get caught low on gas away from the sole high octane pump.

I think some dyno time at TurboXS is really needed to realize the full potential of these modifications.

-Pace

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pace said:
M Roadster, it looks like you are within sensible driving distance of TurboXS. It would likely be worth the trip up there.... I'll bet they could net you a further 30-40HP.

-Pace
Thanks, pace. But, those guys aren't open on the weekends and it's really a pain in the nads to get off work.

I do have the uppipe. You think I'm safe to dial up to 18psi? No problems?

Thanks again, guys! Maybe I'll take a day off to get this tuned optimally.

·
Registered
151 Posts
M Roadster+WRX said:

Thanks, pace. But, those guys aren't open on the weekends and it's really a pain in the nads to get off work.

I do have the uppipe. You think I'm safe to dial up to 18psi? No problems?

Thanks again, guys! Maybe I'll take a day off to get this tuned optimally.
Not open on weekends yet...

I'll be adding some weekend dyno days when i get there full time.

Give me a little time though as the frist few weekends i'll be working on my own car ;)

-Nathan
www.turboxs.com

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Just wondering how long did it take you to get the Stage 4 installed. I only have my one car as a daily driver but could probably drop it off on a weekend and get a ride back and forth by a friend. I live about 15 miles from the sterling shop. Also how do you plan to get around emission tests here in virginia, do you think the TurboXS setup will pass?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts