ClubWRX Forum banner

161 - 180 of 244 Posts

·
Admiral Ackbar the 1st
15,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
You don't need an AP to do tuning. They are nice, as they come with canned tunes, but you could also take your car to a performance shop for a professional tune.

The intake doesn't need a tune, however it also probably does nothing for significant performance either way on your vehicle. They look and sound cool...
Agree on the AP (I don't know anything about those filters).

See the stickies in the tuning forum for other options (Opensource).

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Calvinball said:
Exhaust diagram:
That image is a bastardized version of the original diagram (disregarding the fact that they deleted the diagram credit), with some "bubbles" of advice which are misleading. I would just refer to the original and disregard all their additions:

Pavia said:
You don't need an AP to do tuning. They are nice, as they come with canned tunes, but you could also take your car to a performance shop for a professional tune.

The intake doesn't need a tune, however it also probably does nothing for significant performance either way on your vehicle. They look and sound cool...
Some shops will not tune OpenECU.

The filter could or could not mess with the airflow enough to warrant re-scaling of the MAF. Without proper datalog (with WBO2 readings), we can't say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stock is enough power for me especially with all the ******* cops in my area. I just wanna get that nice sound subaru's are known for and keep turning heads like i did in my RSX

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
That image is a bastardized version of the original diagram (disregarding the fact that they deleted the diagram credit), with some "bubbles" of advice which are misleading. I would just refer to the original and disregard all their additions:
Yeah, my quick googling didn't come up with that image, and I admittedly didn't even read what those bubbles said that whoever added to it. I just linked it cause it was the right picture.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've decided the first two mods for my '13 WRX will be a Tactrix Openport 2.0 and a Cobb intake. My question is is the Cobb replacement airbox worth getting along with the intake?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
My question is is the Cobb replacement airbox worth getting along with the intake?
From a performance and functionality standpoint, I would say no, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys!

I Just bought a subaru impreza GT 1997. I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out.
I would like to modded it but slightly. I do know my ecu cannot be written tuned because it is an older one. All i know previous owner did something to the exhaust made a front mount intercooler and a BOV. Hope you can Tell me some mods thank you!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for the info in this thread guys. Coming from a bolted MS3 the mod path is very different. The fact that an intake doesn't do much is what really hit me considering I had an intake 1" wider at the MAF than stock and saw CONSIDERABLE gains with a tune. Anyways, I'm going to keep reading and stick to mounts and bushings for now in order to plan a proper plan of attack for power goals. Most likely Invidia catted DP followed by...an e-tune i suppose.

BTW picking up my '14 WRX Hatch next weekend.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought my first WRX right off the showroom floor. Having previously been a VW/Audi guy it's all new to me.

Initially, when buying a new GTI the first thing on the list is an ECU flash to liven up the motor a bit. With that said, I have a question for the Accessport users. How noticeable is the difference on a stage 1 map?

I realize someone has likely given feedback somewhere in this thread but searching through scores of pages isn't something I'm going to do. At least I didn't ask how to determine wheel/tire fitment. I'm not new to forums at all so let's keep the flaming to a minimum...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I noticed a difference with stage one. I purchased it because I plan on making changes at a slow pace so the ap was a good choice for me. Make sure you do your break in period before mods though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I noticed a difference with stage one. I purchased it because I plan on making changes at a slow pace so the ap was a good choice for me. Make sure you do your break in period before mods though.

Absolutely. She'll at least see a few oil changes before she sees 4500 RPM.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
A friend of mine is parting out his 07 STI and offered to sell me his aftermarket downpipe that's only been gently used. I have a 13 WRX. The downpipes looks the same. My question is, are they in fact interchangeable?

·
Admiral Ackbar the 1st
15,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
A friend of mine is parting out his 07 STI and offered to sell me his aftermarket downpipe that's only been gently used. I have a 13 WRX. The downpipes looks the same. My question is, are they in fact interchangeable?
I don't know - you might find it in the exhaust faq here or nasioc or you might get a quicker reply if you start a thread. Matt may be able to help if he pops in.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Nope

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Nope. Won't fit.

161 - 180 of 244 Posts