Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Pioneer multimedia touch screen double din head unit and Infinity reference series 6.5 front and rear speakers from Crutchfield. Cant wait to get rid of the terrible factory equipment. I was not expecting much from a factory stereo but the stock unit and speakers are complete garbage.

·
Registered
247 Posts
post up some pics once installed and let us know how the backup camera works. I've been wanting to do this myself but people keep saying 16+up backup camera won't play nicely with aftermarket

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my WRX two weeks ago and the first thing I did was pull out that trash stock head unit and popped in a Pioneer one. Best decision ever! Next step will be some better speakers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 311734

Here is a pic of the head unit (not the best photo). I installed a Pioneer MVH-200EX and four Infinity Reference REF-6532ix myself. Installation was not bad just take your time and make sure you have the right wiring diagram. I disconnected and removed the garbage factory tweeters. I may replace them down the road or add an amp and sub but probably not. For two sets of 100.00 speakers they sound amazing even at high volume. So glad I did this as my first mod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts