ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a smaller town outside of Pittsburgh. You don't see too many nice cars outside of the city, especially a newer WRX. I have only seen one WRX, 2010 or newer in the past year. I decide to take a joyride in my new 2012 and I stop at the truck stop a few miles away. I glanced to the right and something caught my eye. I didn't realize it at first, then I looked again and there was a dude in a 2012 WRX starring at me and he waved when I looked over. I was shocked. As I was checking out I see him coming up the road and parking right behind my WRX. We ended up talking about the cars and subaru for a good 15mins then we both went on our way. It was a fun experience.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
As much as nasioc is slammed for being a pita forum.. its likely where you'll find more info about local owners and meets. Here in the Hampton Roads area of Va we have a very strong local community. If you hit up nasioc and stick to your local subforum you will likely skirt the bs and still get all the local info. ;)

Always fun to run into other owners on the road though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was late to a class and didn't stop all the way at a stop sign at a three-way intersection in our subdivision. A guy in an Escalade was driving up to the second stop sign at the intersection and apparently got pissed off.. So he tailgates me all the way to the main road and pulls up next to me and motions me to open my window. He then asks if my car was brand new, said he owns an STi, and told me that I make all WRX/STi drivers look bad and to get off the road.. Same guy did it to me again while I was driving behind him on the way home. He starts to criticize my driving again and I tell him how he doesn't know what a turn signal is, which gets me pretty mad when people don't use it. It's there for a reason.. Anyway, out of the blue he asks me to race him in his STi. :screwy:

I've had better run-ins with Evo drivers, not to say that their horrible people or anything.. I wish I met nice people like you.. :(

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
^ sounds like projection of guilt to me.. any jackass that owns an escalade needs to be shot in the face anyway. Did it also have huge wheels on it? ... I think you know where I'm goin with that.
Speaking of.. any self respecting STI owner knows what his car is capable of and isn't going to challenge a standard wrx to a race. Especially a race on public roads.

He's the douche that makes the community look bad.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I live in the providence area and surprisingly have not yet seen another 2011 WRX SINCE I BOUGHT MINE LAST AUGUST.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
^ sounds like projection of guilt to me.. any jackass that owns an escalade needs to be shot in the face anyway. Did it also have huge wheels on it? ... I think you know where I'm goin with that.
:(
Just picked up a used Escalade with 20's for family use the other day. It's a pretty nice ride, really, and you get a lot for the money.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Speaking of.. any self respecting STI owner knows what his car is capable of and isn't going to challenge a standard wrx to a race. Especially a race on public roads.

He's the douche that makes the community look bad.
:(
Just picked up a used Escalade with 20's for family use the other day. It's a pretty nice ride, really, and you get a lot for the money.
:rotfl:

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
JLong.... There are a good number of WRX/STi owners in tha Burgh, most seem pretty decent, and will either wave/honk or something in passing as a 'hey'. If you run into them at a service station or parking lot, most will comment on your ride too.

BTW....congrats on finally taking possession of your ride.....she's real pretty :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JLong.... There are a good number of WRX/STi owners in tha Burgh, most seem pretty decent, and will either wave/honk or something in passing as a 'hey'. If you run into them at a service station or parking lot, most will comment on your ride too.

BTW....congrats on finally taking possession of your ride.....she's real pretty :)
Hey thanks. Yeh, I don't get closer to the city to often. I'm usually about 40minutes outside of it. I'm sure I'd see more if I ever went closer to the burgh.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Random, but JLong, have you ever been to Ohiopyle? It's not too far from pitt, and I'm telling you now the driving roads are epic. The class 4-5 rafting/kayaking doesn't hurt either, but the roads are intense. It's right down by Falling Water

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Random, but JLong, have you ever been to Ohiopyle? It's not too far from pitt, and I'm telling you now the driving roads are epic. The class 4-5 rafting/kayaking doesn't hurt either, but the roads are intense. It's right down by Falling Water
Haha oh yea man! I've been going up there my entire life. My family has a cabin across the river from Confluence on Ram-Cat road. The roads and scenery are absolutely amazing. I love being up there. I haven't taken the WRX up there yet since I've only had it for 2 weeks but, I'll be all over that place from spring to fall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts