Subaru WRX Forum banner

First day, first mod, first scratch.

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  WRXie 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 2009 WRX hatch Sunday. I Picked it up the evening of Monday. I drove it to the college for the first time today and guess what someone scratched my car...

Do people really have that little respect for other peoples property? I parked on the road thinking I would be safe from people opening car doors and walking in between cars and scratching me new ride. Only to have my car receive a 4-5inch scratch on the Dvr side panel near the headlight. Looks like a small statured female with a hanging purse by the damage.

I just don't know what to do now, I thought parking there was going to be safer than the tighter parking lot where my legacy has received 4-5 small dings in 2 years. Do people scratch WRX's on purpose because they are jealous? or is it just carelessness?

First Mod:
I decided to get my first mod, an Accessport for a stage 1 tune on 92 octane. The engine has less then 300 miles on it and I should receive the Ap in a few days. I will probably remap with the Ap immediately even though I''m still being gental on the engine. Mainly because I hear the 09s run quite lean in stock trim to meet emissions so probably safer and easier on the engine to have the better tune from the start.

Also, if I'm going to learn a new car, I might as well learn it with the increased power as I slowly start driving it harder and learning its limits.

Speaking of limits..... Who put GLUE on my tires!? Seriously rails or something because I was doing an merge onto a freeway with the ol' clover circles.... I came out of that corner faster then any other car I've owned and still had traction to spare. I had a turbo eclipse with some expensive tires/wheels and I surpassed that grip already without trying to find its limit.

I'm finally in a car designed for me :cool:

TriX

See less See more
#2 ·
whats going on... congrats on the subie and sorry for the damage already, but i know what you mean... not even 2 weeks after buying my hatch someone hit my car in the parking lot of my work and didn't bother to leave a note or anything. check it out...
http://[/IMG]

#3 ·
Gratz on the new ride. That sucks though, I herd wrx's get targeted alot. Hell I have hard my car 3 years now and have like 5 or 6 door dings all from on post here. So sad that people cant even leave a note.

Also I wouldnt put the AP on untill at least 1000 after its totally broken in.

#4 ·
Not even 72 hours into owning our 08 someone tried to jimmy the back passenger side door open. All down the back panel where it meets the door there are scratches and paint missing.

#5 ·
i had my car for about two weeks and someone hit it in the parking lot. about 30 1 foot scratches on the quarter panel..

#6 ·
I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary only thing messed up is my fault, i creeped up on a high crub and scratched bumper alittle.

I usually park my car by other sporty cars in the outer parking lot, good to know your car is only around other people who care about their car. (We got alittle sport compact club going on, MS3/WRX/350Z/RX-8)

#9 ·
Co-miserating whine

The more people there are in the world, the more IDIOTS there are!:mad:

Just yesterday, I was going to a gas station on the way to see my chiropractor. I spotted this primer-black modded toyota PU haulin' a$$ coming up behind me, and she (yes SHE, and BLOND:whoa:) was driving like the idiot she was. Looked like a 20-something, late for class. Well I just got the hell out of her way and was glad she was now in front of me, where I could keep an eye on her.

Turned out the gas station was no longer there, so I got in the left turn lane to make a U-turn to go back toward my chiropractor's office. Well, somehow, this idiot broad ended up right behind me! :eek: Oh, $hit. I just KNEW I had to keep an eye on her and was worried that when I'd go to make my U-ey, she'd be going too fast and tag me. Well, it came sooner than I thought! I had a car in front of me and we'd been sitting there for literally minutes, when *BUMP!* WTF????!!!! She hit me!! And we weren't even MOVING!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I got out and yelled "What the hell, lady?!?"
"Oh I'm sorry! I thought the light turned green. You were moving."
"I most certainly WAS NOT! Are you BLIND or just **cking STOOPID?!?"

THEN, she starts manouvering to pull OUT of the left turn lane, when there were already two lanes of cars next to her also waiting for a green, and it looked like she was gonna hit me again!! I said, "JUST DON"T F***ING MOVE!!" But the light turned green, the cars moved, AND SHE TOOK OFF!!!

She just left me there FUMING!! :mad::mad::mad:
I was absolutly appoplectic!! I didn't even get her tag # much less any of her info. I had to drive to the nearest bar to have a beer just to calm down!

Now my perfect little '06 has a hole and a big scrape in the bumper skin. :unhappy: At least the hatch was untouched, no problems there, and it looks to me like nothing under the skin was touched either. Near as I can tell anyway.

Considering I totaled my 03 WRX just over a year ago, and this 06 is its replacement, I don't think I'll be telling State Farm about this. Even tho I was standing still at a red light and got tagged from the rear AND hit-n-run, so totally not my fault, I'm sure they raise my rates again anyway, so I suppose I'll be forkin' out to fix it myself. :unhappy::unhappy: If I don't, everytime I'd go out of the house, I'd see that hole, and I'd get pissed off. I'll be calling the body shop on Monday....... I'm guessing a new bumper skin'll run about $500 and with the paint, labor, and R&R, I'll be shelling out about $1200. :mad:

Some people are alive only cuz it's illegal to shoot 'em.

And my wife wonders why I never want to go anywhere.......

#10 ·
The more people there are in the world, the more IDIOTS there are!:mad:

Just yesterday, I was going to a gas station on the way to see my chiropractor. I spotted this primer-black modded toyota PU haulin' a$$ coming up behind me, and she (yes SHE, and BLOND:whoa:) was driving like the idiot she was. Looked like a 20-something, late for class. Well I just got the hell out of her way and was glad she was now in front of me, where I could keep an eye on her.

Turned out the gas station was no longer there, so I got in the left turn lane to make a U-turn to go back toward my chiropractor's office. Well, somehow, this idiot broad ended up right behind me! :eek: Oh, $hit. I just KNEW I had to keep an eye on her and was worried that when I'd go to make my U-ey, she'd be going too fast and tag me. Well, it came sooner than I thought! I had a car in front of me and we'd been sitting there for literally minutes, when *BUMP!* WTF????!!!! She hit me!! And we weren't even MOVING!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I got out and yelled "What the hell, lady?!?"
"Oh I'm sorry! I thought the light turned green. You were moving."
"I most certainly WAS NOT! Are you BLIND or just **cking STOOPID?!?"

THEN, she starts manouvering to pull OUT of the left turn lane, when there were already two lanes of cars next to her also waiting for a green, and it looked like she was gonna hit me again!! I said, "JUST DON"T F***ING MOVE!!" But the light turned green, the cars moved, AND SHE TOOK OFF!!!

She just left me there FUMING!! :mad::mad::mad:
I was absolutly appoplectic!! I didn't even get her tag # much less any of her info. I had to drive to the nearest bar to have a beer just to calm down!

Now my perfect little '06 has a hole and a big scrape in the bumper skin. :unhappy: At least the hatch was untouched, no problems there, and it looks to me like nothing under the skin was touched either. Near as I can tell anyway.

Considering I totaled my 03 WRX just over a year ago, and this 06 is its replacement, I don't think I'll be telling State Farm about this. Even tho I was standing still at a red light and got tagged from the rear AND hit-n-run, so totally not my fault, I'm sure they raise my rates again anyway, so I suppose I'll be forkin' out to fix it myself. :unhappy::unhappy: If I don't, everytime I'd go out of the house, I'd see that hole, and I'd get pissed off. I'll be calling the body shop on Monday....... I'm guessing a new bumper skin'll run about $500 and with the paint, labor, and R&R, I'll be shelling out about $1200. :mad:

Some people are alive only cuz it's illegal to shoot 'em.

And my wife wonders why I never want to go anywhere.......
That sucks.

#13 ·
This thread makes me :mad:, but what are you going to do? It's you vs. the world. It's a tough battle. Sooner or later, a car is going to get dings and dents. It's not "if", it's "when."

You ever notice that if you park WAAAY out in a parking lot somewhere, trying to be safe, and you come back to your car after your shopping let's say, and there's another car parked next to yours?!! Seriously, WTF?

#14 ·
And that's usually when you find a ding on your door? Cause that's what happened to me. I used to try to park around newer cars, because I assumed that people who spend so much money on a car would want to take care of it, however that is not the case, because apparently they can also afford the repairs. So I just don't care anymore and just look for a bigger parking space, where people don't park to much on one side so that they have enough space to get in their car without hitting me.

#17 ·
#19 ·
Subie Doo, had I been in your position, I would have chased that bich down. WRX could catch her no prob. If anything just to get plate numbers.

about 4 years ago some drunk kids backed into my Jeep Cherokee with its nice V8 and took off.
I literally tore through the house got my keys and was in the jeep in about 7 seconds. Had it started and spinning 4 tires getting on my way after them. I was on a residential that had those big wide speed bumps the first one sent me flying into the air. The second one I was going ever faster and after i smashed my head into the roof I finally managed to get my seatbelt on while sliding around a corner and seeing them ahead of me. It wasn't 30 seconds later that I caught up to their lil 4 banger corolla or something. Called the police while chasing them and told them the plate numbers. They asked where I was and I said, I was pursuing them and was giving them directions. The 911 respondant told me to pull over and let the police take over. I said to her, "lady they just did over $3000 in damage to my vehicle so I'm not pulling over, but you can hand me over to dispatch and I will guild the police to them if you like". She did just that handed me to a dispatcher and they found us. They ended up pulling into a store after they realized they couldn't escape a powerful v8 SUV :rotfl: .
They got out like they wanted to fight so I just drove around int he parking lot waiting for the police.

The guy was arrested and after 4 years.. I've so far received a check for $25 bucks from the state from some of the fine he payed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.