ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have some questions about the car...First subaru so i'm new to this world. About 2 days ago i installed the COBB AP. Flashed the Stage2 91 v300 map. It just doesn't feel right, Doesn't look or feel like its hitting the boost it should. This weekend i'm going to test for boost leaks. My other worry is the knock in the datalog. Any thoughts?
Mod list:
Invidia Turbo back exhaust
Invidia header
Turboxs FMIC w/ Turboxs BPV
COBB intake.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvZEI2eGIxi3dEVWcGktRFZIcFhTMUYwT3hIa056NXc#gid=0

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn sorry about that.
Full Invidia Turbo back exhaust.
Invidia header.
COBB Intake.
FMIC w/ Turboxs BPV

The FMIC and BPV came with the car. I dont know if they would make a difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll get a better log and post it. I did switch from economy mode to stage 2 before i did the run and log. I'll do another one after i complete a few drive cycles.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Yes there is an issue. DAM should be 16 and there is still some knock meaning DAM will probably drop more. Read Cobb's mapnotes. I don't think they support a FMIC. Try cleaning the MAF and do another log.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes there is an issue. DAM should be 16 and there is still some knock meaning DAM will probably drop more. Read Cobb's mapnotes. I don't think they support a FMIC. Try cleaning the MAF and do another log.
The MAF was cleaned about a week ago. From what I've read using the good ol search function a fmic doesn't really affect the tune. Just lag right? I was wondering about that aswell. When i get off of work ill reflash back to stage 2 complete a few cycles then do another log. I really didn't give the ecu a chance to learn anything if that matters.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
The map probably doesn't support the FMIC as Donkey says. An FMIC on the tiny TD04 turbo usually isn't the best bet anyway as you'll lose a fair amount of spool, especially with the 2.0L engine.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I understand..whats the best way to go about this?
Protune...or buy stock/STI/aftermarket TMIC...remove FMIC, sell FMIC.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
DustinH said:
I understand..whats the best way to go about this?
Make sure there's nothing mechanically wrong with the car.
Get a custom tune.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
It's not just causing turbo lag it's causing MAF signal delay as well. Look how far away the Maf is from the throttle body now. At least 3ft of piping or more has now been added.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not just causing turbo lag it's causing MAF signal delay as well. Look how far away the Maf is from the throttle body now. At least 3ft of piping or more has now been added.
Oh ok I see..so in order to keep the Cobb ap stage2 I need to replace the ic to a top mount correct? Any opinions on a good aftermarket tmic? Thanks for the warm welcome and help with the issues.

·
Æternum
20,608 Posts
^This. This this this this.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Oh ok I see..so in order to keep the Cobb ap stage2 I need to replace the ic to a top mount correct? Any opinions on a good aftermarket tmic? Thanks for the warm welcome and help with the issues.
Or just get a custom tune for your setup since you already have the AP. Can't access the new datalog.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Find a Cobb Protuner. The list is on Cobb's site.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts