Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All-

Of course I love my WRX, but I'm racking miles driving it to work everyday. I'm looking for a cheap 2nd car, like REALLY cheap. This might turn out to be a auto-x car down the road...any suggestions? Here are my current choices:

of course these are influenced by Initial D...

-1984-1987 Toyota Corolla 2-dr liftback (AE86)
-1985-1991 Mazda RX-7 (FC)

Any suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I would suggest a VW GTI, 83-84 (A1) are tons of fun, and cheap as all get out to mod. A2 generation cars can be very fun as well, and are more refined in appearance but you lose a bit of the charm of the early cars. Of course the RX-7 isn't a bad choice either, it all depends on what driveline configuration you prefer.

Maybe I'm a little partial to the VW's as I've owned 5 of them and only 3 Subaru's.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for info...

Hmm, honestly I've never been into the VW's. My girlfriend has a '02 Jetta 1.8T, and it's too much on the luxurious side for me. I'm looking into a front engine RWD car, or maybe a Mk I MR-2. As for the older VW's, I still can't see myself in one of those, but I see your brand loyalty. I've never really had any! I've gone through 2 Toyota Camry's and 1 Integra, and this is my first Subaru. I'm really partial to the AE86 and the FC3S...

B

·
Registered
679 Posts
I wouldn't get the RX-7. Afterall, this is your beater and you need it to be depenable. I say get a CRX or a AE86. The CRX will be good on the gas, and have lost of upgradeability, PLUS they handle very well.

-C

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$$$

I'm thinking $1500 for an AE86 or $2500 for an FC-3S...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts