Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Seattle, bought it in Florida and had it shipped to Colorado. I met the car there and drove it back home taking the scenic routes.

The reason for the drive is a long story but let's just say a great opportunity presented itself at a good time. Wife wasn't as happy, but shes warming up quick.

This is my first REAL car (I'm 30) the only other car I've owned that was slightly fun was a 2001 Miata. Ive always bought convenient cars or family hand-me-downs . The car is incredible, huge upgrade from my '16 Civic, and my wife has a Crosstrek which is nice, but severely underpowered.

The car is dark gray and came with all-weather mats, dimming rear view mirror, STS (short throw shifter), tints (crappy install though, lots of dust), oh, and a sun visor! (oh, Florida)

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,582 Posts
Congrats! (Always thought Miata was a brilliant car!).

·
Registered
423 Posts
The WRX is practical and fun. I think it offers a great combination for a reasonable cost. Treated with respect, the car is dependable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Treated with respect, the car is dependable.
I'm trying to figure that part out, I went down the 'first oil change' rabbit hole on here last night as I just passed 3000 miles and was left with more questions then answers. 3k vs 6k and the brand of oil. Seems like everyone is on the mobile 1 train and a majority of ppl lean 3k, but the few people on team 6k have a good argument too.. I think I'll just stop driving

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm trying to figure that part out, I went down the 'first oil change' rabbit hole on here last night as I just passed 3000 miles and was left with more questions then answers. 3k vs 6k and the brand of oil. Seems like everyone is on the mobile 1 train and a majority of ppl lean 3k, but the few people on team 6k have a good argument too.. I think I'll just stop driving
I am an over-changer. I change at 500 or 1,000 miles and then again at 3,000 miles. Since I track some of my cars, I change them far more often due to the stress of track life. I am using the 0W/40W Dexos II Mobil 1 in my Bucket of Bolts currently.

I would hesitate to go 6,000 miles on my first oil change. I've seen enough engine oil analysis to know that stuff does get into the oil during break-in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am an over-changer. I change at 500 or 1,000 miles and then again at 3,000 miles. Since I track some of my cars, I change them far more often due to the stress of track life. I am using the 0W/40W Dexos II Mobil 1 in my Bucket of Bolts currently.

I would hesitate to go 6,000 miles on my first oil change. I've seen enough engine oil analysis to know that stuff does get into the oil during break-in.
Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm sold on the 3k. Now time to get dirty! Luckily I see see the oil filter (for a change) haha

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm sold on the 3k. Now time to get dirty! Luckily I see see the oil filter (for a change) haha
You'll get off cheap, too. My Bucket of Bolts takes 10 quarts of oil and 10.5 quarts for track duty. The other Rust Bucket takes 8 quarts and the Germans get $500+ for the service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts