ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, from reading countless threads about exhausts for our babies, it seems to me that the perfect downpipe for our car would have a divorced wastegate section (like the perrin one) and a high flow cat (like the turboXS and autospeed one). The key benefits being to pass emmissions tests and eliminate boost creep in the winter. Is there a company that includes both features. If so, please let me know who it is and where i can buy it.

And if I totally off on this please let me know too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just ordered a B&B downpipe. It is catted and has a divorced wastegate, which I beileve is a nice design. It is not overly expensive and might be the ticket you are looking for. I also live in NJ so it would help out with our strict emissions laws. By the way I live and Cherryhill, Haven't seen you around but I drive a Cyrstal Grey STI. If you need help with anything give me a call.

·
6,298 Posts
Wow, that B&B downpipe does looke pretty interesting, and not to bad of a price from what I've seen, given it's features. Hmmmm....just may be the one for me. Has anyone ran through the sniffer police with the high flow cat on it?

Since it comes with or without a high flow cat, I'm assuming the cat would replace the resonator section if you option it with the cat?

Mfr. says 29 HP/12 ftlb to the wheels with it...bet thats without the cat though.

·
Registered
472 Posts
29 HP for a DP is pushing it...

I went with the catless perrin DP and noticed a HUGE difference. I kept the stock exhaust. It made a difference in sound for sure.

Only problem is the stock donut gasket didn't work too well; DP is 3", stock catback is 2.5. I broke one of the bolts that connects the sections as well. One important thing to do is torque the bolts to subaru spec. I tightened the shi t out of them and it made the pipe more rigid so the rear catback section rattled a bit. The springs will not be all the way tightened.

·
Registered
472 Posts
BTW the fitment on the perrin DP was AWESOME; very easy install. Don't have to mess with the AC hose sticking out of the firewall by the DP. I have heard many other DP's require moving this hose. (TXS, HELIX) Dunno about Invidia or BB.

I was VERY impressed with quality as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts