ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So subaru calls me today (finally) after 1 day 10hours and 42minutes of waiting...dont ask......

they tell me that they have to rip up the front of the engine because the oil leak is coming from inside the cams......there charging me $385 to open it up and i dont know how much to repair but im so bummed, i gotta come up with that money and $150 more for tuning coming up in 4days.....

big bummer, i will not be playing so much anymore after this....

:( :sadwave:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
wow that sucks..im sorry to hear that...nothing more frusturating then this. I have an oil leak in my car too...im not really sure how severe...it may just be oil from when i changed my oil...but it was kinda all over the bottom of my engine.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
WRXout said:
So subaru calls me today (finally) after 1 day 10hours and 42minutes of waiting...dont ask......
:confused1

sorry to hear about your car, but put the stopwatch down for a few, it will be OK.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aaronwillen said:
wow that sucks..im sorry to hear that...nothing more frusturating then this. I have an oil leak in my car too...im not really sure how severe...it may just be oil from when i changed my oil...but it was kinda all over the bottom of my engine.
ya thats prolly a valve cover or a cam seal leak

the pics below represents where those leaks come from, where it is circled if its under the circled part its the valve cover or cam seal

put your hand under there and check for oily!

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FASICZKA said:
did u take all your mods off before you went to the dealer?
no i dont have to........there cool with me but if its inside the engine they gotta charge me.........it wouldnt help if i reverted to stock anyways cause i already have a flag on me for being modded......so they couldnt do anything if they tried

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
sorry to hear that man. im still pretty much stock. and i dunno if i want to do to much since im not the wealthiest person right now.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WRXTwiztid said:
sorry to hear that man. im still pretty much stock. and i dunno if i want to do to much since im not the wealthiest person right now.
ya dude it sucks mucho weavos......but what can i do? nothing just gotta work my butt off and hopefully get enough for the fix and tuning

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this leak has been obviously there since the first time i had an oil leak at 10,000 miles but since the dealership sux it prolly did some damage already...

got 27,125 miles on it right now.........i check all the time so i know if the dealership joy rides my car.....

but w/e i hope they fix it and i dont want to see their faces ever again cause they suck :(

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
the delaership called me today, the cam cover there was a bolt stripped and that caused oil to leak so there ordering me a new one and some seals......im told him to change my fuel filter and top off my coolant so hes gonna do those for free

my bill is around $500 :( ........o wells at least they're fixing it before tuning.....

just thought i woudl update yall

::cough:: look at my sig ::cough:: :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts