Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Released last week!

List Price : $271 AUSD, that's about $254 US. Any vendors care to tackle this one?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Wow...that's definitely no stainless mesh...give Garage SPL a call :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's Inside

Verdugo said:
Wow...that's definitely no stainless mesh...give Garage SPL a call :)
I guess the core is an updated version of the Blitz LM Filter! I'll make some calls today and get some pricing. I've had R-Sports in Bellevue looking for me for a few months now. Oh yeah, enjoying the mag Armin? We should meet up this week, I'm having Hyper Rev Magazine withdrawls! Hehe..

Take it easy..

B

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Re: What's Inside

206WRX_GDA said:

I guess the core is an updated version of the Blitz LM Filter! I'll make some calls today and get some pricing. I've had R-Sports in Bellevue looking for me for a few months now. Oh yeah, enjoying the mag Armin? We should meet up this week, I'm having Hyper Rev Magazine withdrawls! Hehe..

Take it easy..

B
Yeah dude! We should! I know Jason (Phreeze) wanted to get together soon too...I'm buying his sub off him and he needs me to navigate to Mark's house to pick up his sideskirts...you gotta get on AIM more often man! heh

·
Registered
907 Posts
Im with god, looks great but i think ill wait till they come make one with the SUS filter..

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nexus6 said:
Im with god, looks great but i think ill wait till they come make one with the SUS filter..
Either way it look really tight. With ths SUS filter element it will also kick a** :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
???

WizardBlackWRX said:
It looks a little ricey to me. <shrug>
Well, I think it could either way. But the 'ricey' term gets thrown out too much IMHO. Honestly, 'ricey' is beginning to carry the weight as the term 'oriental' at different times (if you can't understand the derogatory side of it, you shouldn't use either word!). But of course to each his own =). Since we were on the topic, I was wondering what you guys thought of the latest JDM fads? Purposely mismatched wheels, front to back, window spoilers, etc. Clearly, many would call this 'ricey', but then again, in HK and in Kobe, my friends look at our cars here and laugh because we make a sad attempt at the whole JDM look (I'm guilty too!) and they are trying to make their 'own' style (non JDM/USDM/UKDM/ADM/etc). Anyway, it's a close call on this piece, I just like that fact that you can actually 'tune' the noise of the suction...

·
Registered
160 Posts
I define ricey as nothing to do with oriental.

My definition of Ricey: To make some modification in the following sense:
a) making the car look much faster than it is
b) making the car actually slower in the process of making it look faster
c) putting a mod on your car that isn't necessary unless it is about 3x faster than it really is
d) making your car look like another (cooler, faster, rarer) car

The intake filter looks really cool and shiny and all but there is very little intake area and that portion sacrifices breathability so you can tune the 'cool intake sound'. I would rather save the cash and get a big fat K&N filter that flows 6x the air. It looks kinda ugly once it gets dirty from use, but it still works well.

BTW, the filter looks like a portable nuclear warhead or something. :eek: LOL

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
decreased air flow... wheeeee... what a revolution! ricer companies like Ractive have been doing this for years now... you can pick up this design at a local AutoZone! please dont tell me they are gonna claim that it produces a venturi effect to cram more air in, cuz that is useless on a turbo! has another great performance company succumed to RICE? say it aint so BLITZ... say it aint so...:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts