ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been wanting to run with a 350z or G35 but no one around here will bite. Today I was cruising on the 215 at about 60, and up rolls a silver convertable 350z with the top down, I saw he had a radar detector so I thought he might be game. He wouldn't even look over but I know he saw me. There were a few cars ahead of us holding up traffic a bit. His lane was slightly faster so I slowed up a tad and got behind him. My gut told me as soon as traffic opened up he was going to gun it. We were going about 60 and I just kept it in 3rd, waiting about 2 car lengths behind him. The car in front of him changes lanes and POOF! 2 tell tail black puffs of smoke. He gunned it and so did I, he pulled about 1 more car instantly, we stayed even for a bit but as I got higher in the rev's I was pulling on him..:) By about 90 I was a about 1 - 1/2 carlengths behind, and was about to shift to 4th. I thought then he would pull away. Well he didn't :rolleyes: :D I slowly walked him at 100 and we shut down. I tried to give him a :thumbup: as I passed him but he wouldn't acknoledge me. Oh well, I enjoyed it....:tongue: I've heard that they are mean from a roll so I thought for sure I was going to get beat. He must of had at least 40 whp on me, right? Maybe it was an auto?

·
Registered
7 Posts
i know from a roll a srt4 and a 350z are damn near identical.. we raced them at least 11 times.. only thing was the srt had 3 people in it and the 350z had 20 inch rims, i realize the rims are heavy thus we kept doing from a roll but it was even every time, pretty cool though cuz neither car would pull on eachother, awesome race

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fastwrx135 said:
Nice run! Was the 350 stock??
I'm assuming it was, the exhaust looked stock, plus like turbowill said, the convertables are heavier. I wonder what their 1/4 times are... I need to find a coupe to run with...:wiggles:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts