Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this pic from Kenzie when this sexy little thing was delivered to Heuberger Motors a few days back!

It was delivered way earlier than expected, too, so I definitely recommend talking to these guys if you're looking to buy any new Subaru. I will be flying to pick her up in 11 days... can't wait!

Any advice for taking a brand new car on a 1,200 mile drive home? I know varying your engine speed is recommended for break-in, and that's not easy on the interstate.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Three weeks in and loving my baby!

I flew out to Colorado Springs, Kenzie picked me up at the airport and 15 minutes later I saw my brand new fresh-off-the-boat WRB STI. Heuberger is an awesome place - I HIGHLY recommend anybody in the western U.S. to buy from Kenzie and his shop. Big thanks for the gift bag too!

I also chatted with a couple of service dudes and the parts shop, who had some good advice and were genuinely pumped on welcoming me to my first Subaru.

Lol, who's that guy creepin' over on the side? :rotfl:

After being in CO Springs for only a couple hours, it was time to start my break-in period / 1,200 mile drive home to San Diego. But first, time to do a little ghetto front-end protection:

Before you laugh, let me tell you that tape kept a SH!T TON of bugs off my bumper during the 16-hour drive home.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I had a long-ass drive home and it was tough staying off the gas (and cruise control). Went from CO Springs down I-25 to Albuquerque, then I-40 over to Flagstaff AZ, down to Phoenix, then down to Yuma and through the wide-open desert to San Diego.

Here she is at home:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts