ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well yesterday while i was taking my exam I received a call that the WRX i had been waiting for came in. Needless to say I didn't do so well on the exam from rushing.

Its the PBP Wrx, it came with the Sti Short Throw, SPT Exhaust, And the blue led kit.

Ive drove it around wanting to get on it but I need to break it in first.

Plans :
Cob AP (Coming next week)
*Invidia DP* (Coming next week)
AEM Intake (Coming next week)
Mud Flaps (Coming next week)
^ Graduation from college gifts

Pro Tune - Later on

Pics :
image.jpeg
image-1.jpeg
image-2.jpeg
image-3.jpeg

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha I was really debating on getting it until I saw it in person. It looks so good.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh lord can someone please change the thread title i accidentally put wry

·
Registered
778 Posts
A little jealous at the PBP. (lucky 2012 buyers)

I assume you're going to wait until the car's broken in before you tune it up?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I'm going to wait until 1000 miles I'm going to the beach Sunday so it will be right up to 1000 when I get back, and the parts will be at the front door.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Oh lord can someone please change the thread title i accidentally put wry
Lol, I was going to say, your car doesn't look any more snarky than any other wrx!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice. Love that color. You really should consider the invidia dp instead of cobb's. When i was asking people how they liked their cobb exhaists they werent very happy with them. I went w invidia and couldnt be happier with it. I dyno'd 230 w/ just an intake on, and then dynod after i put my dp on and i was 291 w.o a tune. (Wasnt smooth at all and rich fuel cut at like 6k but fixed that w a tune at modified by KC)

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Both DP's have good points and bad points.

From my research most people say the Cobb DP is the best manufactured DP out there. Cast iron housing and a thicker flange. However it is not divorced like the Invidia.

Invidia is a divorced DP. Meaning there is a flange that separates the wastegate from the exhaust gas exit. Doing this decrease turbulence in the exhaust which will improve spool time. However the Invidia doesn't have the "build quality" of the Cobb. Not saying it's cheap, but not as sturdy.

All that being said. I'm going Invidia as personal preference. I really want a divorced DP.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See I am stuck between the two I will just need to get the adapter so that the downpipe will fit my spt cat back if I get invidia. I'm going to go ahead and just get the invidia

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
michaelwfox said:
Invidia is a divorced DP. Meaning there is a flange that separates the wastegate from the exhaust gas exit. Doing this decrease turbulence in the exhaust which will improve spool time.
There will be no measurable difference in spool between a bellmouth and divorced downpipe design.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice. Love that color. You really should consider the invidia dp instead of cobb's. When i was asking people how they liked their cobb exhaists they werent very happy with them. I went w invidia and couldnt be happier with it. I dyno'd 230 w/ just an intake on, and then dynod after i put my dp on and i was 291 w.o a tune. (Wasnt smooth at all and rich fuel cut at like 6k but fixed that w a tune at modified by KC)
Is your invidia DP Cat-less? If it is, does it smell bad? I'm trying to decide if i want to go cat-less or not. Emissions is not a problem because of how they test in Illinois, and i might just keep the stock exhaust to bolt on for a test every 2 years. My main concern is that smell. I've riven behind a Cat-ll car before and the smell was AWFUL! At the same time, I pulled up next to an evo 8, two days ago and asked the guy if he was running cat-less. He said he was and if didn't smell cause he got a good tune on it. I drove behind him the rest of my drive and confirmed it barely smelled.

To the OP, deciding between the PBP and the WRB was so hard for me. They both look SO good! I ended up ordering the WRB though cause I've always wanted the blue with bronze wheels.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Is your invidia DP Cat-less? If it is, does it smell bad? I'm trying to decide if i want to go cat-less or not. Emissions is not a problem because of how they test in Illinois, and i might just keep the stock exhaust to bolt on for a test every 2 years. My main concern is that smell. I've riven behind a Cat-ll car before and the smell was AWFUL! At the same time, I pulled up next to an evo 8, two days ago and asked the guy if he was running cat-less. He said he was and if didn't smell cause he got a good tune on it. I drove behind him the rest of my drive and confirmed it barely smelled.

To the OP, deciding between the PBP and the WRB was so hard for me. They both look SO good! I ended up ordering the WRB though cause I've always wanted the blue with bronze wheels.
The only way you're really going to smell anything is if you're overtly rich or having excess oil going through your exhaust for some reason. If your car is tuned properly and no issues otherwise, you'll be fine. You shouldn't smell anything in the cabin that is strong.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts