ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been wanting to get a WRX for a while now and I finally bought one. It's a 2012 that is all stock, but I eventually plan on adding exhaust, intake, AP, mudflaps, and tint. I had driven a couple of Subarus before and I fell in love with the way that they drive! I also have a highly modified 99 trans am that I take to the Gulfport/Mobile drag strip from time to time. I willl try to post some pictures for you guys soon.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome! Pics or ban!! ;)

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
Welcome to ClubDub :)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Everybody is getting on the DGM bandwagon :party:

·
Registered
119 Posts
very nice and welcome to the wonderful world of WRX. I like F bodies but it will never drive the way that the WRX does.:D

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
I used to work with a guy who had one of those f-body trans ams, black on black with lots of black. He called it the batmobile haha.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yeah, sorry about the angle on the first pic haha.

And yes f-bodies are awesome rockets on wheels, but it will never handle like that subaru. Best of both worlds I say. I was messing around on some back roads yesterday and I noticed a little bit of body roll. Are there any good suspension mods I can add to my list of future mods to help this out?

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Oh yeah, sorry about the angle on the first pic haha.

And yes f-bodies are awesome rockets on wheels, but it will never handle like that subaru. Best of both worlds I say. I was messing around on some back roads yesterday and I noticed a little bit of body roll. Are there any good suspension mods I can add to my list of future mods to help this out?
Body roll is one of the main complaints about the current rex's. I don't have personal experience yet but from my understanding a good set of sways and endlinks will make a big difference.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had to push her pretty hard because there was a 5th gen camaro ss on my a$$ and he was trying pretty hard to keep up with me. Every turn I could see his back end swinging like crazy lol, but he was still fast. So yeah, I was feeling some hardcore body roll trying to keep distance.

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
Nice Trans Am... WS6 w/ ram air right?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice Trans Am... WS6 w/ ram air right?
Yes, WS6 w/ ram air. LT headers, ORY, SLP CBE, intake lid, 92mm throttle body, 90mm FAST intake, stage 3 ls6 heads, 237/242 cam, billet lsx fuel rails, 42# injectors, F99 fuel pump, pro 5.0 shifter, tick clutch master,monster stage 3 clutch kit, tune by blue thunder 2 racing, and minor weight reduction(AC, back seats, spare tire/jack).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts