ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Thats for sure. It has a K&N cold are intake, Strut bars all around, magnaflows, and pink injectors. Nothing major
Get it tuned or at least the tune checked immediately. The car has probably had a turbo swap in its past (most likely VF 34 or 39). Otherwise they wouldn't have wasted time upgrading injectors. They probably swapped it back to the stock turbo to sell but didn't go through the hassle of injectors. I doubt they got it retuned or did anything but put a stock tune back on which isn't good for pink injectors

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get it tuned or at least the tune checked immediately. The car has probably had a turbo swap in its past (most likely VF 34 or 39). Otherwise they wouldn't have wasted time upgrading injectors. They probably swapped it back to the stock turbo to sell but didn't go through the hassle of injectors. I doubt they got it retuned or did anything but put a stock tune back on which isn't good for pink injectors
Damn, you might be right. Idk, i doubt it because this guy was like 40 yrs old who did all the upgrades thru the dealership. It was a business man in silicon valley. I could tell he took care of it because i had to do soo mich just to see it. Good guy! Thanks 11BlackWRX!! Yours is clean also.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Damn, you might be right. Idk, i doubt it because this guy was like 40 yrs old who did all the upgrades thru the dealership. It was a business man in silicon valley. I could tell he took care of it because i had to do soo mich just to see it. Good guy! Thanks 11BlackWRX!! Yours is clean also.
Either way, its worth investigating. There is no other logical reason he would install pink injectors than to upgrade the turbo. He may have had it retuned but considering there aren't off the shelf tunes for pink injectors/stock turbo it would have to be pro tuned which costs more than you can sell a VF series (or other turbo compatible with pinks) for usually meaning it wouldn't make much sense. Getting your tune looked at won't cost you much, especially when compared to a new motor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts