ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, im finally the proud owner of a plasma blue pearl limited wrx 4 door. i have been looking at this car and researching it for 5 months, watching videos, etc etc etc. well i finally own one! i wanted a satin white prem but once i saw the dealer had plasma blue i called the same day bought it the next.had to drive a 150 miles to this dealer but well worth it. love the color and glad i got the limited, love the car! the color is close to the color of my titan so loving the way my garage looks now. i traded in my 06 cobalt ss supercharged fully loaded, with zzp stage 3, full exh, intake,etc etc, bought 5 grand in it.it was a great car and was fun and fast but this wrx is just an amazing car. going from a super charger to a turbo is a lil differant at least with the turbo wont have all the heat issues. any ways already got the windows tinted dark all around, and hopefully have laminx blue headlight covers,and laminx tint on the rear lights by a few weeks. i'll post some pics soon just havnt had time to take any.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I would skip the blue headlight covers. Just going to cut down on your light output

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys! i have them on my titan not to bad cutting of light, plus i wouldnt mind a little loss for looks. any recomend an exhaust? im thinking cobb, or spt... i want whatever is quiet, my last car drove me nuts haha.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
are you thinking about doing just a catback or a turbo back?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know i drive my truck to work(work construction) dont wanna get the scoob dirty, my gf drives it to work. by the time she gets home its dark so hopefully i can go take some pics this weekend. any ways i want trubo back, basically i want stage 2 eventually...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P1011823.jpg
P1011824.jpg
P1011826.jpg
P1011827.jpg
P1011822.jpg
P1011825.jpg

so i know there areswirl marks in it already the damn dealer did that the day we bought it and i didnt notice till the next day. the dealer is over 100 miles away so havnt had time to take it back. there going to fix it for free and give me a car to drive while im down there so its cool, hopefully i can make it this sat. its has dark tint even though it looks more like medium to me. i wanted darker but didnt want a ticket every other day, get pulled over enough in my titan...tell me what you guys think!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Looks cool, I have yet to see that color in person yet.

That's a bummer about the swirls in a brand new car. Unfortunately, the average person does not know how to properly wash a vehicle to prevent all those hair line scratches in the clear coat.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup i wanted satin white but i saw an sti this color and feel in love. then found this car a week later. had to have it. yea i was pretty upset that the dealer put the first scratches in it. then my gf washed it the other day(amazing lol) and she used an old wash mit so she put some fine scratches in it...

·
Registered
902 Posts
The clear coat is very soft on these cars so care needs to be taken when washing or drying the dark colors. I pressure wash my car before washing it to get any loose dirt off. Then wash using the 2 bucket method with a micro fiber wash mitt.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea prob have to do that. i have always had dark colors so im used to it but it does seem this car is sensitive. oh wells i still love it!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea didnt think bout telling them not to... oh well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts