ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 9 weeks of waiting, I finally got her. Picked her up Friday. 2012 SWP base with fogs and STS. Because the dealer felt bad of the long wait, he threw in the dimming rear view mirror and the arm rest extension for free!!! It's definitely worth waiting for!

Sorry, taken with my iPhone.

At the dealer waiting for me...

Out with the old, in with the new...

Her first drink...

Started with 11 miles. She now sits at...

·
Registered
966 Posts
I see you purchased from Ramsey Subaru. Great another owner in the area! I'm located in Montvale, hit me up sometime to cruise to a meet.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Congrats. I also got it from Ramsey. The arm rest extension is one of the best accessories

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
how much did yall pay for the arm rest, im thinking of getting one for my car

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
ive broke the habit of driving with my hand on the shifter but still like to rest my arm there and the stock one aint too good

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see you purchased from Ramsey Subaru. Great another owner in the area! I'm located in Montvale, hit me up sometime to cruise to a meet.
I actually live in Queens, NY. Ramsey was just the place that got me the best price and had the easiest transaction. I was referred to a particular dealer there from another member here. I am down to cruise to a meet.

Congrats on the car
Thank you!

Absolutely gorgeous! What kind of mileage are you getting during break in?
I'm averaging 27-29. I've been changing gears at 3K and not going over 65mph.

Congrats. I also got it from Ramsey. The arm rest extension is one of the best accessories
I agree! I 'm glad the dealer threw it in.

how much did yall pay for the arm rest, im thinking of getting one for my car
Free 8)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Quick question about holding the shifter while driving. Although I've been trying to avoid doing it, I still find myself doing it. I read somewhere its not good because its puts the stress of the shifter bouncing and moving on the trans rather then the semi-loose shifter. I'm not sure how true this is or if it is at all? only saw it one time tho.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I rest my hand on the ebrake lever. The stock arm rest is pretty much useless. Also congrats.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The arm rest is simply amazing. Such a small upgrade and it makes a huge difference.

Thanks for all the congrats!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome! Congrats! and thank god you got rid of that honda =)
Thanks man... I'm glad I went with the Subaru... The Vic wasn't tooooo bad lol.

The Vic is slow and not that aggressive. But it was good for what it was. Great gas mileage and reliable. 200K and still running strong. I'm sure I could put another 100K if I wanted to but I don't. Honda's make good cars. Too bad their styling went downhill.

Anyways, love the Subbie and I'm glad it's official. No regrets!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts