Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y’all! I’ve always been and always wanted a WRX/STI since the Bug Eye came to the states and I first heard that infamous EJ rumble in back high school. Just whenever I was in the market for a new car, and not wanting a heavily modified WRX/STI the opportunity just never came around, and/or there just wasn’t ever a WRX/STI that I found worthy vs. the other cars I was looking at. Then Subaru did some funky shit with the hatchback/wagon thing(sorry owners of that generation 😬) then they released the VA chassis. I for some reason fell in love with the design and the mid life cycle refresh(2018+) made me love it even more.

And this whole crazy used car market debacle started happening. I had a 2017 BMW G30 540i. That b58 motor was fucking awesome. Major props to BMW (I maybe a little BMW biased tho). Once you own a car with a B58, you start to understand why Toyota didn’t waste money developing a successor for the 2JZ, why would they? BMW has basically been doing that for them since the release of the N54! Intake + Downpipe + BM3 Stage2 e30 mix OTS tune a lot of B58 guys were seeing around 440whp-451whp with still more headroom left before the internals became lethal projectiles. Anyways I went to the BMW dealership I originally bought the 5 series from because they had a 2018 Ice Silver Metallic WRX Limited, and was curious what I would get as a trade in and to my surprise. They offered $36k which is way more than I had imagined. I was thinking maybe $28k?? So this was a no brainer. I took the deal.

I actually ordered Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers, and Greddy RS single exit cat-back before I even signed the papers for the WRX I was dead set on getting it. (Initially wanted an STI, but there were non worth getting). The WRX I picked up wasn’t completely stock. Had a Cobb BigSF intake, Cobb AP, and Boomba BPV and Boomba Short throw shifter with Perrin shift stop. Honestly a good start since these were all mods I wanted to get anyways. So saved me some money tbh. Since the car had a Cobb AP I decided to just order a J Pipe because all I would read is how a J Pipe(no matter how much of a bitch the install is) is the one mod that completely changes the WRX. I noticed the TurboXS was available to be instantly shipped for under $500. And was perfect because I didn’t want a catless DP, but was hesistent on a catted DP. The TurboXS being a 100 cell cat. I was sold. My god. I was initially pretty disappointed in the performance of the WRX and couldn’t understand why people were so hyped on the car. It felt slow, sluggish, and not fun? But once I put the J Pipe and tune. I now understand. I’m now hooked. Lmao. I was initially disappointed to find out that 350who is recommended “safe” limit and 400whp if you wanna push your luck. But I keep forgetting this is a 2.0L 4 banger. Anyways. I blew the RB26 in my R32 GTR, ringlands on cyl 6 gave out. And currently not being in a financial situation where I can afford to fix the skyline. I decided to sell it. Got a good deal on it despite the shitted motor. Also got to nab the wheels off it too. 😈

Here she is!!! I’m in the Dallas area. If any of y’all see me. Holler!

Edit: apologies if there’s any grammar errors or if the story is all over the place or any run on sentences. I wrote this on my phone through out the day. And apologies for the long ass novel. Hahaha.

Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Car Tire

Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
232 Posts
Looking good my dude and thanks for sharing the story. What else you have planned? Always liked the R32 over the later gens. Sucks the motor blew.

Congrats and welcome ✌

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looking good my dude and thanks for sharing the story. What else you have planned? Always liked the R32 over the later gens. Sucks the motor blew.

Congrats and welcome ✌
R33 yes. Big boat skyline. Not my fav. R34? I love it. But way too expensive now to justify paying $250k for a goddamn Nissan. Hell even R32’s are slowly becoming ridiculous. I got mine last year for $32k. Average r32 GTR’s are now going for $50k. As much as I don’t want to sell the GTR. I can’t justify making payments on a paperweight. I really wish I was in the financial position to keep it and build it how I originally envisioned. But sadly even the r32 GTR seems to be a car just not worth paying $50k for now a days. Sad that these 90’s JDM cars I’ve been drooling over since a kid are all getting taxed like crazy by the JDM Clout gods. Now that I’m old enough to buy whatever and enjoy the car how I want too, they all start becoming ridiculously priced. 🥴

since this is my daily… I’ll probably keep it tame. (That’s what we all say right?) once I get TGV/EGR delete, EBCS, maybe a flex fuel kit?? Apparently we can run upto e60 with the stock fuel system? Someone correct me if I’m wrong? Or is it upto e30 the stock fuel system can handle? Anyways and lastly either a pro tune or e-tune. I think I’m done performance wise. Still a few more exterior mods I want. But for now, I really like how my car sits/looks. Maybe I’ll throw on a CS Style front lip to match the aggressive sides and rear.

Welcome, nice cars! Also I like the way you write your story was fun to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks!! Was hoping at least one person would appreciate the post. Haha. I was worried it mighve Been too long

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for double post. But here’s a video of the r32 GTR when it was running at its prime. Pretty much stock besides intake, bov delete, Tomei ti equal length downpipe, no cat test pipe, and HKS Super Turbo cat-back with the mid muffler deleted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts