ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, My friend with a genesis 2.0t (white) had plastidipped his wheels the other day and i liked the way it looked. From far away it looked like the car came with stock matte black wheels. Because I am a highschool student and cannot dish out the cash right away for summer rims, I need to make sure I'l like the color I choose. I was thinking for a while a bright neon color would look great against the blue, after more thought I decided I will not be 17 for long and in a little will grow way out of the neon bright color, so I've came down to either black, red, or the traditional gold. I'm going to Plastidip my wheels when I get the car back this week. My friend claims he took the wheel off the car, coated the whole thing, and the plastidip peeled right off the tire, but stayed on the wheel. Hopefully I don't get flamed for this, I'm just a highschool student who wants to make sure my decision is smart before diving in head first. I'll post pics of the process when finished.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
plastidip is awesome and definitely peels right off whenever you want. whatever you do, do not sand or prep the wheel in anyway [other than making sure they're clean of course]

i'd go with gold, because i'm biased. red and blue dont go together. black would look nice.

worse case scenario, if you dont like you can peel it off and try a different color

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never got my wheels to the same as the day I got them, I could never get all the brake grime off, I'm excited to take them off the car and completely clean them.

Yea, I believe I will go with black first, then try red.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
plastidip is spray paint that you can buy and do it yourself. powdercoating is a lot more durable and will last. plastidip is temporary/can be peeled off.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Plastidip wheels are actually kinda cool. Easy application and easy to remove when your done with it,

As always YouTube has a tutorial!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts