ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all agree that the stock stereo system in the REX sucks big time. I wanted to keep the stock HU, since I like the placement of the Bluetooth microphone and iPod connection. So about 6 months after I got the REX, I had Memphis Audio speakers, a JL 10" subwoofer, and a 300 watt JL amp to drive the sub installed. That made a big difference!

Well, it has been a year since that upgrade and I felt that I needed something a little stronger to drive those Memphis speakers. My son and I just finished installing a Pioneer AVH-P2400BT HU and WOW! Although I lost the use of the stock microphone and the iPod connection, the improvement in the sound really made up for it!

I ordered the wiring harness and Axxes ASWC from svxdc and they worked perfectly! The only thing is I can't get the phone buttons to work with the HU. If anyone was successful in making them work, I would appreciate some guidance!

Here is a picture of the HU.

IMAG0062_small.jpg

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Nice buy :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update!

Ordered parking brake overide, made for Pioneer stereos, on Amazon and installed it this weekend! Now I can use the keypad for the phone while driving! This is great in case I don't have the number in my phone's contact list!

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Update!

Ordered parking brake overide, made for Pioneer stereos, on Amazon and installed it this weekend! Now I can use the keypad for the phone while driving! This is great in case I don't have the number in my phone's contact list!
I didn't know they had this. Cool it works though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts