• Final Fantasy 11

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which Final Fantasy is your favorite one?

I'm playing 10 right now, but I want to play another one. I got 90% of the way through 8 then stopped.

Also...I only have PS2, so its gotta be from FF7-11.....which one should I buy?

I kinda wanna get 7 cause I heard its the best one (next to 3)

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm looking for a game to keep me occupied this summer so maybe I'll pick up one of these games. Don't know if I'll have enough time to finish it, but it's worth a shot.

Only one I've ever played was FF 9. It was pretty good. Your typical old school rpg, with weapons, armor, knights, castles, etc. And like you, I've heard alot of people say 7 was the best, but I've never played it tho.

IIRC FF 11 is completely online, so you gotta buy the game, all the hardware to get your PS2 online, and I can't remember if there was a monthly fee. So if you ask me go for 7 or 9. FF9 kept me occupied even tho I'm more of racing/"shoot 'em up" kinda guy. :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
VII, no doubt in my mind. i LOATHED 8 and nine is not very good either, X-2 is really good. but VII is my fave of all time, i love everything about it.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I've heard.

I remember getting about 10% of the way through FF9, and it just SUCKED. Way too cheesy. Characters sucked.

Looks like I'll be hunting for a used copy of 7 somehwere :wiggles:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I am the only one I know of that loved 8. I thought it was pretty freaking awesome.

7 was slightly better ofcourse.

I have only played 7,8 and I think it was 4 so I don't have much to compare to.

But as an rpg it ranks in probably the top 3 rpg's I have ever played on both console and pc.

Oh yeah the other week I found a torrent of the pc version of ff7 which I am replaying now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You forgot a good one!!! Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1!! Though it seems to be one of those love it or hate it games, it still should be on the list! :D I personally loved it. :wiggles:

It would have been a tough vote for me if Tactics was on the list, so I voted for 7. I've played VII, VIII, X, X-2 and the online FFXI (65 Bl. Mage, only quit b/c I don't have time to play anymore, hopefully that will change).

I only have PS2, so its gotta be from FF7-11
Just to make sure, you do realize that 11 is online only and has a ~$13 per month fee, right? It's definately a change from VII to X-2. Though if you're into MMORGs, IMO it's the best one out currently (not for solo'ers though!).
If you're playing 10 right now, if you really liked it once you're done, go out and pick up X-2, the follow up for it. Or take a break and play VII before X-2.

edit: just noticed that 4 Banger already mentioned that XI is online only, and yea, I forgot about the HDD that you have to buy, I think the HDD with FFXI is a $99 combo (ouch), in addition to an online adaptor and keyboard (more ouch). I played the PC version myself.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Chunks said:
I am the only one I know of that loved 8. I thought it was pretty freaking awesome.
Yeah 8, seemed like people either loved it the most or were very disapointed in it. I think it was kinda different then the others so the fan boys didn't like it as much. Personally it's my favorite PS1/2 FF.

PS I Hated FFX. For that matter X-2.

·
Registered
569 Posts
our FF3 is japans FF6 i believe

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
ff5 was the best one, I think. it was originally only offered in japan, but people have told me that they released 1-6 on a few cd's for the psx, recently.

if I had to put an order on it, it'd look something like this (best to worst);

5, 7, 2, 6, 1, 3, 4. 8-10 were horrible I thought, and ffx-2 isn't as bad, but the original 7 were better. ff12 is supposed to come out in the 3rd quarter, 2005.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the mix-up and calling 3 Japanese only.

Anyway...i went out and bought 7 and 8 cause they were really cheap and I traded in games....but for some reason my PS2 memory card won't save the files when I go to save them.

Dammit :(

Any ideas?

·
Registered
368 Posts
10 rocked, but my favorite is 2 in the US( I think that is 4 in Japan, it's been a while since I've looked it up).

Also, FF Tactics owned my life for a year and a half. I played it straight through so many times is was rediculous...recockulous even. Did anyone play that FF Tactics Advanced, for GBA?? I couldn't get halfway through it, it was such a let down. Totally hashed together, no story line, couldn't get lost in the characters at all. Really a let down compared to FF Tactis on PS1.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
OffRoadWagon said:
10 rocked, but my favorite is 2 in the US( I think that is 4 in Japan, it's been a while since I've looked it up).
the one with keffka (or something) where you had to go to the moon. murasame and masamoon for edge.

2 was bad ass.

if I could find a copy of ff2 and an old snes, i'd be playing it fosho.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Snowvert said:

if I could find a copy of ff2 and an old snes, i'd be playing it fosho.
I'll do you one better:

www.zophar.net

Haven't checked this site in a while, but it used to be king of all emulation. Just pick up an SNES emulator, a FF2 rom, some chips and soda, and you're all set.:wiggles:

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
OffRoadWagon said:
I'll do you one better:

www.zophar.net

Haven't checked this site in a while, but it used to be king of all emulation. Just pick up an SNES emulator, a FF2 rom, some chips and soda, and you're all set.:wiggles:
nice call, i'll check that out, thanks!

i'd still like to pick up a working snes with ff2. I could seriously play that game 24/7 especially since I can't do much, had wisdom teeth pulled today. :(

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
7 was a huge game. getting all the sphere's and all the side games, plus breeding chocobo's and such.

definalty one of my favorites. ff8 to the present, just seems to be more into the action side of it, rather then the rpg side. not that it's bad, but ff was based on a rpg platform, and not until the last few ff's have they went the more action route. just how I see it, though.

ff12 is supposed to be back on the rpg side, least from what i've been hearing... but it's like 16 months away at the earliest!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts