Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been looking for a wrx wagon for a year, and have come close, but not pulled the trigger yet.

I live where there are far more dirt logging roads than paved ones; my WRX will have raised suspension to deal with it.

Are there are filters for the intake scoop on the hood? I'm concerned about what the dirt and dust will do.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
550 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much . . . I live on a gravel road and it isn't a real issue with so much dust clogging the intercooler. I mean if you have that much dust kicked up I suspect the engine radiator would be as bad as the intercooler.

You may want to keep an eye on your engine's air filter though . . . more frequent checks and replace when needed.

·
Super Moderator
10,883 Posts
Hello all,

I've been looking for a wrx wagon for a year, and have come close, but not pulled the trigger yet.

I live where there are far more dirt logging roads than paved ones; my WRX will have raised suspension to deal with it.

Are there are filters for the intake scoop on the hood? I'm concerned about what the dirt and dust will do.

Thanks,

Dave
Nothing more than what it will do coming in from everywhere else. You also don’t want to restrict any flow to the intercooler.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
No filter needed. dirt, dust, small particle stuff just goes right through no problem. love-bugs, cottonwood tree seeds, tree leaves, etc. would stack up but a cleaning periodically is all that is needed.

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
You don't want any obstruction to airflow over the intercooler core. Do not install a grille in the hood scoop. Every time you fill up with gas and you check your oil level, take care of any debris that is sitting on the intercooler. If you notice some bent fins at this time, fix the issue there or when you get home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts