Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have been keeping up with my car troubles, I finally solved my problem. I feel so dumb, but here goes. The O-ring on fuel injector 4 was not fitted properly. You can see in the pic how it was all crooked. I guess after I had put it in, I was paying all my attention to the adjacent injector that I missed it when it moved around.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The O-ring was blocking the injector from spraying properly. If my finger is the injector, the O-ring was sitting on it as in the pic below.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So after I fixed that, my car was still knocking. I switched out my intake for the stock air box and it's working perfectly now :)

So, does this mean that I can still use my Blitz SUS if I get my car tuned to the amount of air it draws in? I would imagine I could. Anyways, thanks for everyone's help in my time of despare. You guys are the best :)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ebr0t said:
so everythin runnin better now fahd? and i need to get that issue, hasnt come in the mail yet...
LOL I still haven't read that issue. I was just looking at the pics :p

But yeah, the car is running great now :)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ebr0t said:
yea just have em tune it for the sus. you plan on changing the ic fahd?
Yeah, I still wanna get the Turbo XS FMIC, but I've been spending way too much money on going out/birthdays/and fun stuff. I always have a hard time saving money around this time of year. There's just so much going on :D

So I probably won't get it until end of December or maybe January. Eh, I'm happy with my car for now.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Good to see you got it sorted out. Bad to see you can't install injectors:p

J/k bro. Look forward to riding with you this week.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AjIsDope said:
I could have sworn the problem with your car was the nut behind the wheel. :-/
Hahaha...indeed it was :D I was really frustrated when I found out it was my error that caused my problems. I'm generally meticulous about all my work, and this experience was a little disheartening. Oh well, you live and you learn :)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shard said:
Good to see you got it sorted out. Bad to see you can't install injectors:p

J/k bro. Look forward to riding with you this week.
No ride for you :mad: :p :D

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
WRXin' said:
Hahaha...indeed it was :D I was really frustrated when I found out it was my error that caused my problems. I'm generally meticulous about all my work, and this experience was a little disheartening. Oh well, you live and you learn :)
Actually, this sort of thing can happen real easily. The part is so small and in such a tight spot that you wouldn't notice it.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AjIsDope said:
Actually, this sort of thing can happen real easily. The part is so small and in such a tight spot that you wouldn't notice it.
True that :)

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
aj's right, when i put the race spec in a buddies rx7 the same thing happend but it wouldn't fire at all!!! we took the whole ****ing car apart could not figure it out so we hauled it to the shop in PA where the motor was built, some guy who races rx7s. He had it for a day and boom was embarassing.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
finally!:tongue:

Get it tuned with the sus when you take it in. That or richen up your map across the board just a smidge.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BoostedBoxer said:
finally!:tongue:

Get it tuned with the sus when you take it in. That or richen up your map across the board just a smidge.
I'll wait to get tuned once I have my FMIC :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts