ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at rear sway bars and don't think I want to go anymore then 20mm. It seems like that would be a significant enough difference for my wagon over the stock 17mm sway bar. The adjustables seem more flexible but alot start off at 22mm and if I can buy the FHI for 80$ over a 150$ sway bar I would rather do that and save money for another mod.

I'm also looking around for OEM bars from 02's and 03's as they seem to go for around 50$. I'm not concerned with adjusting settings, this is pretty much a daily driver.

Is FHI a reputable sway bar as opposed to Pernin, Helix, Whiteline, etc? I did a search on their name and didn't come up with much.

·
Registered
888 Posts
FHI is Fuji Heavy Industries. AKA the company that owns Subaru. The FHI 20mm bar is the same thing as the OEM 20mm bar you'd get used except its new.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Expect to pay more in shipping then the bar itself. :eek: But yeah, 20mm on a wagon is a real nice improvement, especially with some hardened drop/end links, I went with Kartboy. Try and get used in both cases since they are not in the most bling locations anyhow.

-tp

·
Registered
598 Posts
i plan on getting the FHI 20mm bar also. i'm just going to buy one new and get some poly energy suspension endlinks and bushings.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm just gonna go all out and get an adjustable rear bar. Bushings too, I'm going to get a price quote/install quote from our local shop tomorrow about those.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I put a sedan 20mm bar on my wagon last year, was one of my first mods. It did make a nice improvement. I just finally got some endlinks, the Whiteline aluminum ones, and that's even better yet. Makes the turn in a little quicker and you can start to feel the car really want to turn. Yesterday was my first real run over the hill with them, and it was nice. Everything is easy to install, and you can get the 20mm bars on ebay or here on the forums pretty cheap.

·
Registered
677 Posts
How much are the used bars going for? I'm on a serious budget and while a nice adjustable bar is appealing I may just spend a lot less on a factory bar

·
Registered
511 Posts
GTScoob said:
I'm just gonna go all out and get an adjustable rear bar. Bushings too, I'm going to get a price quote/install quote from our local shop tomorrow about those.
all you need is are the 12mm, 14mm and a torque wrench. takes about 30min and you could save yourself $$ :)

check scoobymods.com for the instructions

·
Registered
677 Posts
oh I was talking about the suspension bushings.

Swaybar install looks really easy, but I was talking about pressing the bushings and stuff into all of the control arms and stuff.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
kpxplaya415 said:
all you need is are the 12mm, 14mm and a torque wrench. takes about 30min and you could save yourself $$ :)

check scoobymods.com for the instructions
That really depends on which brand you go with, and if it has upgraded mounts. My whiteline bar with endlinks and heavy duty mounts took me around 2 hours to install. The passenger side mount was a complete B1TCH to get in/out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts