ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a few questions about the AP2..

I have an '06 TR, stock except for a cat-back. I was looking into getting an AP2 and running the 93 octane map. I'm assuming that would be a good map to run on a basically stock car, correct? And what performance gains am I going to be looking at? Estimated 1/4mile etc..

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts
You are correct. I would get a K&N drop in filter & do the intake silencer delete as well.

·
2,770 Posts
It will help air flow to the turbo. The stock plumbing slows the air flow down a lot. I heard a difference after taking mine out. It's really easy to do. Do some searching on this site. You'll find lots of informative DIY threads. Good luck.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Is it 100% necessary to do the silencer delete? I was planning on getting a K&N, but I don't really want to do the delete
its only about 10% necessary but it does help a lil. You will be fine with the 93 octane stageI OTS map

·
2,770 Posts
OTS stands for Off The Shelf. Cobb uses pre made maps for our ECUs. It's easier for them to make & distribute this way instead of having to make individual maps for each & every set up out there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OTS stands for Off The Shelf. Cobb uses pre made maps for our ECUs. It's easier for them to make & distribute this way instead of having to make individual maps for each & every set up out there.
Yeah I knew they had the premade maps, just wasn't sure on the OTS acronym :eek:

Can't wait for my tax return :)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Not much better than stock on the 2.5L. It only smooths out the powerband, the gains are practically nothing: 7wtq. and 0.5whp...

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Not much better than stock on the 2.5L. It only smooths out the powerband, the gains are practically nothing: 7wtq. and 0.5whp...
it also gives a little more of low end torque and moves the powerband into the lower RPMs

·
2,770 Posts
It only smooths out the powerband, the gains are practically nothing
You'll see the real difference when you get a DP & flash to stage 2. :eek:
I loved it so much I wanted more. Now i'm in the process of putting in a VF39 turbo, STi IC & STi pink injectors. After all is said & done, I should be around 360chp. Easily putting me in the 12s.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well if thats all, I'm not sure I'm going to spend the 700 dollars on it. I don't plan on working on the WRX too much because I have 3 other cars that need to be finished. If stage 1 was going to warrant me more then that I can justify spending the 700 on it, but for those gains I'm not sure if its worth it

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Well if thats all, I'm not sure I'm going to spend the 700 dollars on it. I don't plan on working on the WRX too much because I have 3 other cars that need to be finished. If stage 1 was going to warrant me more then that I can justify spending the 700 on it, but for those gains I'm not sure if its worth it
Stage 1 is not worth it IMO. Stage 2 on the other hand is (Cobb AP flash + downpipe) if you're gently with your tranny.

·
2,770 Posts
You could also get a tactrix cable ($79 @ www.tactrix.com), (or someone near you might already have one), find someone who has a stage 1 map & flash that to your ECU. It's about $600 less than an AP. That's what i'll be doing. I'm ditching my AP after i'm done with my VF39 install.

Hey Ponch!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts