ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently (few months back) gotten a new vehicle, a 2010 Impreza Wrx Turbo’d 5speed AWD sedan. Everything was fine for awhile till one morning I had dash lights pop on:
1. Check Engine
2. Traction Control
3. Blinking Cruise

Had the car scanned and threw back a MAF sensor - so I replaced it. Pretty simple fix, fixed my low power and other misc issues, lights went away and everything was fine again.

Until a few days ago. I was driving probably going around 45, 4th fear and as I pressed the gas in, my car “lagged” and had no power, it wouldn’t accelerate like it was struggling to stay on, but it did after a few seconds and it was smooth driving for the next few days.

However I was driving yesterday and I was approaching a stoplight and was downshifting for the light, and I tried to slightly turn to get in the turn lane when it was hard so I looked down And all the dash lights came on, it stalled out. Had no power steering and whatnot, restarted at the light and happened about 2 minutes later same issue. After that I went and purchased fuel injector cleaner and poured the bottle into my 1/4 full tank then immediately filled her up with premium (her favorite drink) and the problems got better, and it never fully stalled out except once since then, however it still has a small power loss once in awhile, but only if I “accelerate slightly faster than everyone else” not a pull or anything close. This morning I started it up and the same 3 lights from the top of post came up,scanned it again and same MAF Sensor code.

I was thinking spark plugs,in-line fuel filter, or vacuum leak. I was hoping it was just dirt in my fuel filter or injectors and the bottle would clear it up, and it helped a bit but not enough. I’m new to Subaru’s let alone turbos and manual driving as this is my first vehicle so I’m a tad in the dark. Would appreciate any help or comments anyone has to help me figure this out! Thank you (and sorry if I posted incorrectly or anything)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the vehicle completely stock?
Not completely but it basically is - it has a few aftermarket hoses and a custom boost gauge (top right of steering wheel on dash, instead of down by other gauges) and some Perrin guards on the engine bay, nothing huge other than that besides cosmetic mods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told these ones but I’m new to Subaru and learning all the mods and such so I’m not completely sure.
Also an update: the issue of me losing power seemed to go away I tried a few pulls and no issues or really any lag or hesitation but the lights from the dash that came after that issue are still on.

·
BooSTIng
2,767 Posts
Well what you have circled are fuel lines...… Not just random hoses like vacuum lines or radiator hoses.

·
Æternum
19,977 Posts
Are you certain the ECU has a stock calibration?

Considering all the engine dress-up, I can't imagine it's been stock all its life.

Those are OEM fuel lines FYR

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought it from a dealership and they didn’t give me basically any modification history other than a new clutch installed shortly before it sat on the lot, had under 100 miles on it before I picked it up - and I don’t know much about the car yet I was only told those “didn’t look” stock but thank you for the clarification.

I don’t have an access port or anything so I personally haven’t done anything to the ECU but planned to eventually.

sorry I can’t give much other info than that which will likely make it hard to figure out what’s actually going on with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts