Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on the hunt for a pad that I can autox/rallyx/track/daily drive-a tall order to be sure.

I've been running Endless CCX's fornt and NAY's rear- the Endless pads have been everything they are cracked up to be- the only down sides - price and the CCX's could be better cold.

I went w/ the Ferodo DS2500's based on the good luck Steve (DBA) was seeing w/ this pad. Friction coeffients are about the same CCX vs 2500 @ ~ .48, the CCX has a slightly higher operating temp 700 C vs 650 for the 2500.
The reason I switched to the 2500 was the minimum operating temps 100 C CCX, 0 for the 2500.

Thoughts- the 2500 has better bite at low temps, get the temps up and it's a draw. I belive this will be advantage at autox/rallyx/daily driving- obviously the higher temp of the CCX would get the nod at the track.

The 2500's dust more, not lots more, but more. The 2500's don't come w/ the edges beveled like the Endless pads and thus can be noisier, a straight file will fix that easy enough.

The rear 2500's don't come w/ notches for the shims- again more attention to detail by Endless. Get the file out again.

I just came back from a 3000 mile "journey" (vacation) that included some of the best twisties I have ever drove (Highway 199 Crescent City-> Grant's Pass; Highway 66 Ashland-> Klamath Falls; Highway 12 Lewiston->Lolo, MT). I also did a long track session at PIR in Portland. The 2500's rocked! Some extremely hard braking at PIR (128mph front straight, 112 back straight) and some good braking in the canyons/mountains. I pulled the front pads today to get a peek- I wasn't expecting a lot of pad left- wrong. Just under 16mm (including the backing plate), new pads are 17mm! SOA calls for replacement at 7.5mm.

I think I may have found my "all-around" pad.

Big Sky

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised there's so much pad left. I think I'm going to try these out soon. I sent off some emails for price quotes and have only heard back from one place so far. Maybe tomorrow I'll make some calls. I was surprised that the rears were quoted as being more expensive than the fronts. Was Essex Parts pricing like this too? I haven't heard back from them yet.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the rears were about $10 more than the fronts- the salesman thought it was a mistake at first, but evidently not. Only thing I can think of is our front pads maybe "shared" by someone else?, and the rear pads are unique to Subaru- don't have a good answer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hmm, the quote I got was a bigger difference. $111 for the fronts and $144 for the rears. I'll have to get a hold of Essex and see what they say.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just got an Email back from Essex. Looks like they are a little bit more expensive. In the future you might want to look into www.raceshopper.com . A little bit cheaper and they answered my email within about 15 minutes :eek: Essex does have them in stock and I'm not sure if raceshopper does. I'll update if I find them cheaper elsewhere.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Guys, I have easy access to these pads. Let me get some pricing together !

Who wants them if the price is right ?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'd be interested. I'd like to order soon though so I'd appreciate it if you could get the prices ASAP.

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Eh, nevermind. I can only get the Evo VIII pads. For WRX I can do EBC Green stuff Hawk and AXXIS Metal masters

BTW, I have powerslot rotors in stock !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts