ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car feels slow, but not in the usual ways. Acceleration/Power is completely normal. However...

When I let OFF the gas the car seems to slow down faster than normal. It's like I have an engine break.

If I hit the gas in 3rd and then let off the car almost jolts forward. I know that this is normal to a certain degree but it just feels more "taxed" than normal. The wierd part is that the engine revs with normal ease and, like I said, acceleration/power is normal. Oil level normal, don't have Oil pressure gauge.

Anyone know what might be going on here? Please help?

*I searched and read a lot about pulled timing, would this affect how the engine "revs-down" OFF throttle?*

Other info: A week ago, I installed: New intercooler hoses and an Sti hood scoop + Sti air spliter. The air spliters rubber seal is too wide for my stock IC. Also, I drove 10ft. with my e-brake on the other day, however if I roll it in neutral I can't tell if it's slower.

I don't know what to do. One second I think it's all in my head and it's always been like this...and the next, I feel as though something is quite wrong.

Mods: UP/Turbo-back, Cobb stage 2 reflash.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Mine only lurches if you let off the gas in 1st w/out the clutch being in (like every other manual car). Second it does it slightly, but not really lurching. Third....nah.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
When you take your foot off the accelerator in a manual transmission car, compression is what is primarily slowing the vehicle down.

If you'd like to ease your mind that it isn't anything else, get all 4 wheels off the ground at the same time and spin them by hand with the trans in neutral and all brakes released. That will tell you if there is any abnormal drag in most of the driveline.

I notice a difference in compression braking when my A/C compressor is on. :wiggles:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
might be in ur head...try resetting the ecu , load ur ap map on a drive like a loony:D See if it feels slow after a couple of runs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts