ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started a thread on the RomRaider forums, but not getting too much advice over that way.

Anybody around here willing to pitch in some feedback on my tune? Not too much different right now from the stock tune. Mainly OL fueling (overly rich until I get my MAF dialed in) and timing. AVCS and a few other minor changes as well.

I can't attach the tune, but if anybody would mind pitching in some feedback I can send it to you either in email or maybe through PM if that's possible. I'll post up the timing tables as .jpg after I get home and have access to my other laptop.

Tunes running pretty well. I have some FBKC picking up in lower RPMs though, I think my timing advance is too high (about 47 degrees at 2k @ ~.9 or 1.0 load). I cut it back a good bit and will give it a go. Also haven't gotten around to tuning the higher part of the MAF voltage - darn snow.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'll give some general advice - I really don't have the time to go through your map and logs, but here goes:

Get everything settled first - run rich and maybe start with stock timing. After everything is safe and slow, then fix your MAF scaling - that way you have a totally normalized base to tune off of.

Fix boost control first - get that where you want it and stable.

As for fueling and timing, in my opinion (just thinking about how things work), you should always try to add fuel rather than pulling timing. If you can reach MBT everywhere, and it means you have a very rich tune, that should end up better in the long run in terms of power and fuel economy - you're getting the most out of every explosion, so you have room to move down relatively.

Bottom line: if you're knocking, your map is not good. If you are not, you're doing well. Is there room for more? Only one way to find out.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
If you wanted to send me your map/logs, I'll take a look.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give some general advice - I really don't have the time to go through your map and logs, but here goes:

Get everything settled first - run rich and maybe start with stock timing. After everything is safe and slow, then fix your MAF scaling - that way you have a totally normalized base to tune off of.

Fix boost control first - get that where you want it and stable.

As for fueling and timing, in my opinion (just thinking about how things work), you should always try to add fuel rather than pulling timing. If you can reach MBT everywhere, and it means you have a very rich tune, that should end up better in the long run in terms of power and fuel economy - you're getting the most out of every explosion, so you have room to move down relatively.

Bottom line: if you're knocking, your map is not good. If you are not, you're doing well. Is there room for more? Only one way to find out.
Thanks. Yeah I picked up all those general rules out of the books that I've read. Just things such as ballpark timing numbers and such that I was looking for some feedback on (aggressive down low, little light up high, etc). I mostly just smoothed out the stock timing map, but I realized I generally smoothed 'up' and not 'down'. Will keep the stuff in mind though, thanks.

If you wanted to send me your map/logs, I'll take a look.
Will do, appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts