ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

Today I ran into a problem that I can't for the life of me figure out....

I have a 2015 Subaru WRX STI Limited with a COBB Stage 3 Power Package.

A little history:

I purchased my STI about 3 months ago. It came with the COBB Stage 3 but the Access Port that was supposed to come with the car ended up missing and so the dealer purchased a new one for me. The car was already tuned so I was afraid that if I installed the new tuner on my car, it may have been a different tune than was available on the new tuner so I didn't.

Today, I decided to brave it up and use the new tuner because I saw that there were updates available that were not yet on this new tuner. I ran the updates on the firmware and then installed my new tuner, wiping out whatever tune the car had before.

I set the tune to Stage 3 1050x 93v100

I followed the guide (and youtube) to the letter and everything seemed to install perfectly. However, I seem to have run into a few issues.

• My Check Engine light came on and will not turn off
  • There is a blinking S (mode) and Cruise Control icon that doesn't go away.
  • I'm no longer able to select my drive modes. It only beeps when I try.
I went to the Diagnostics section and I only have the option to RESET ECU (not RESET CODES) which I did correctly as per the directions on your website. When turning the car on after about 5 minutes, the errors still remained.

I checked the code list and found the following circuit errors:

• P2008
  • P2011
  • P2016
  • P2021
I took the car for a drive to see how it handled and it feels like it just jumps into higher torque after a delay with a bit of acceleration unlike before where it just got right into it without delay. It was smooth before where as now it seems a little jerky. The acceleration feels a bit more powerful when it does this but it feels like it gets all the power after the delay then kind of plateaus not long after like all of the power is in the low RPMs. I also noticed my RPMS seems to run a bit higher than normal, averaging around 3000 RPM.

I only use 93 Premium Octane and always have before.

I dropped the tune to 91v100 but I only have the options of HWG and LWG. I tried the HWG and the car seems to run as before but still feels a little different (I have not tried the LWG).

In this case as well, the codes and the lights still do the same and will not go away.

Perhaps I'm missing something that's not in the documentation? I searched quite a bit through Google and haven't been able to find any solutions or notes relating to my problem.

More Information:

COBB Stage 3 Power Package

SF Intake System
SF Airbox
SS 3" Downpipe
Cat-Back Exhaust
SS Turbo Heatshield
AEM High Flow Fuel Pump
Top Feed 1050x Fuel Injectors
Fuel Rails
Fuel Rail Line Kit
Fuel Pressure Regulator for Fuel Rail Kit
Subaru Throttle Body Coupler
Silicone Turbo Inlet

Please let me know if you need anything else from me to help figure this problem out.

Thanks a ton!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts