ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh, I absolutely hate this thing. Does anyone else have it? Is it possible to play videos from an iPhone/iPad to the unit, via the USB?

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
I have the '11 model..... in mine it is not possible from the 'i' devices.

edit..... the '11 required the media hub to connect to the i devices, and then would only do audio. Video was only available from a DVD or through the RCA inputs

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
I just looked at the interactive brochure....it states that the nav unit is 'with iTunes' so it might be possible to get your vids to play, but I would not really hold my breath....seeing as how the video is a when parked only feature, it is likely limited to DVD or RCA.

only way to know for sure is to read the manual.....most of the time the techs and sales guys at the dealer have no clue how to work those things, or what they are really capable of doing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the '11 model..... in mine it is not possible from the 'i' devices.

edit..... the '11 required the media hub to connect to the i devices, and then would only do audio. Video was only available from a DVD or through the RCA inputs
hmmm

I just looked at the interactive brochure....it states that the nav unit is 'with iTunes' so it might be possible to get your vids to play, but I would not really hold my breath....seeing as how the video is a when parked only feature, it is likely limited to DVD or RCA.

only way to know for sure is to read the manual.....most of the time the techs and sales guys at the dealer have no clue how to work those things, or what they are really capable of doing.
Yeah video is not working. I definitely doesn't recognize the video. It will play audio on problem, even display a very small (pathetic) image of the album cover. I don't have an AV input in the 2012 for some reason; my buddies 2008 wrx does though.

Anyways, i'm going to put a few movies on a usb stick and see if it will play that. it is DIVX ready.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I have the 2012 Nav too. A little finicky. I haven't tried videos yet but playing podcasts via Bluetooth seems to be better after playing with it for a while. I'll have to try some vids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts