ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Im currently looking at doing a bigger turbo install on my otherwise stock 07 wrx. aside from all of the other needed mods i was looking at getting a new header and uppipe. I saw the fast motorsports header and uppipe one piece setup and was wondering if anybody knew anything about this header?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
It's under $300; what do you think?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dunno thats why i was posting this question. ive heard people like this header and have no problems with it i just wanted more feedback about it. it looks good and cant beat the price and the year warrantee on it.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
i dunno thats why i was posting this question. ive heard people like this header and have no problems with it i just wanted more feedback about it. it looks good and cant beat the price and the year warrantee on it.
Headers that are twice the price have issues with cracking.

FMS is a knockoff company. They buy Chinese parts that steal designs from other companies, and have inferior quality metal and low QA to keep the cost down. You can find the same part for cheaper on eBay.

Increase your budget or look into a PnP'd OE manifold.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if i stay with stock header and get a decent uppipe and a new manifold will i still get same power gains as i would with an aftermarket header?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
subiefreak07 said:
so if i stay with stock header and get a decent uppipe and a new manifold will i still get same power gains as i would with an aftermarket header?
No. You should see gains with an aftermarket header over the OE manifold (PnP or not), but quality ones cost a lot more than the $300 you're looking to spend. For example, Killer B Motorsport:
Killer B Motorsport Performance Header

What turbo are you looking to upgrade to?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im looking at getting the fp hta68 turbo. and what kind of extra gains will i see with the grimmspeed pnp manifold and uppipe with this turbo 750cc injectors fuel pump bigger top mount and a good tune?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
It all depends on your tuner and what fuel you're running, as well as what top mount you get.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
subiefreak07 said:
turbo xs top mount cobb accessport and 93 octane gas is what ill be running? over 320 whp or less than that?
What dyno?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
subiefreak07 said:
Not sure what dyno yet was jw if I would be in or around that range.
Every dyno reads differently. 320whp on one dyno could be 280whp on another.

If you're concerned about #s, contact the shop doing the tuning and ask them.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
It also depends on ambient temperature and the particular tank of fuel you get.

If you can't get the message, being focused on numbers is pointless...

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Why do you want headers? Until you've gone to a lot more serious level of mods than you specified, headers aren't necessary.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
or really beneficial. More problems than they are worth to you. Just look into grimmspeed P&P and coated ones if anything

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im going to do a bigger turbo bigger injectors fuel pump bigger top mount uppipe recirc bov and a tune. looking at getting a header as well thats why i want one was jw if anybody knew anything about agency power.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Just skip the headers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So do you think if i don't do headers but do all other mods and get the fp hta68 I'll achieve around 320whp on a dynomite dyno by land and sea? And I may do the grimmspeed pnp.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts