ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got my WRX and decided to see if it really does do 0-60 in 5.8. The best I could do was 7.1. Anyone else have this problem, or do I just not know how to drive the thing?

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
bridget7400 said:
I just recently got my WRX and decided to see if it really does do 0-60 in 5.8. The best I could do was 7.1. Anyone else have this problem, or do I just not know how to drive the thing?
u prob just can't drive it properly. learn how to launch it and u'll be much better. also please don't dump the clutch.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Remember that when magazines quote 0-60 times, they are doing it with cars that they don't own, don't pay for and don't care about. The rest of us are not so lucky :)

But sounds like you still need to figure a few things out. I was able to get 6.4 seconds when the car was still stock. (according to Auterra ODB-II Logger) And that was still not launching the way some WRX drivers do. I'm just not willing to go there, if I ever get upgraded gears, we'll see. :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
bridget7400 said:
It's an automatic.
That would have something to do with it also. With auto's.. someone correct me if I'm wrong.. the magazines will power-brake the launch. That is they stand on the brake and the gas to get the torque converter to lockup then let off the brake and go. Again... not the nicest thing to do to your tansmission. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hellafastWRX said:
That's prob why. Try holding your left foot on the brake, and rev it up to about 4k rpm and let go of the brake. Thats how you launch an AWD automatic car.
That's exactly how I did it : \

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
you need a upgraded tc my friend, our cars will not launch higher then 2800 ;/ you can either send your torque converter to protorque.com (most recomended) or buy a new one and send it........pm me for more details and help :D

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Consumer Reports doesn't abuse cars or "launch" them when getting 0-60 times. If you want to see what type of #'s you'll get without abuse check them out...

-snowcat

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
snowcat: still need a upgraded tc for a automatic for it to actully go without launching

this guy got 0-60 in 5 second with launching and 5.6 without i tihnk he has a d/p and catback

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Rancid said:
All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost.
ya stock after the 3k break in, i floored it my rpms climbed so slow i had time to change a cd and listen to the first track :tongue:

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
WRXout said:
but ill still own you :p
If you're talking about wearing women's clothing and maintaining your virginity until middle age, then yeah, you've 0wn3d the hell out of me.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost.
sig'ed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts