Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I posted earlier about my fans not working. I started to do the diagnostic procedure for the car starting with the green test connector. Engine light was flashing and the fans were kicking so that meant that the fans were getting signal from the ecu. But not even 5 seconds after they were cycling I here a pop like a fuse failed the engine light stopped flashing and the fans stopped turning on and off. I disconnected the testing plug and put my car in the on position. The engine light failed to turn on in the on position.

What could have caused this to happen

And I also used electrical grease on the engine harness plug after I noticed some corrosion at the tip of the pins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's an intermittent issue. You said you nailed a pothole and it started acting up?
Yea but I don’t know if the issue is from a chaffing wire. My cars harness was jacked up before I got it from the previous owner it’s been in and out of shops trying to fix the issue. But the engine light will not turn on now. And will not flash in test mode. When I connected the test connector under my dash to test the system the engine light was flashing and my fans were turning on and off. But after hearing a lip noise like a blown fuse sound engine light will not turn on

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea but I don’t know if the issue is from a chaffing wire. My cars harness was jacked up before I got it from the previous owner it’s been in and out of shops trying to fix the issue. But the engine light will not turn on now. And will not flash in test mode. When I connected the test connector under my dash to test the system the engine light was flashing and my fans were turning on and off. But after hearing a lip noise like a blown fuse sound engine light will not turn on

Yea this all started after changing the battery in the car and hitting a pothole

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,787 Posts
Electrical isn't something I'm good at. The only thing I can suggest is to chase wires and test for open leads or ground. does the AC being on or off change anything?

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Electrical isn't something I'm good at. The only thing I can suggest is to chase wires and test for open leads or ground. does the AC being on or off change anything?
I just checked if any codes would show up on my accessport and it’s showing no communication which would explain the no check engine light.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the ECU isn't even outputting anything?
Car will turn on and run but it’s not communicating with the accessport which would explain the reason my engine light is off. It’s an open circuit. So that means I need to find the connection that goes from the main relay to the fuse and go in between those 2 points to deal with the engine ecu not communicating. The fans want to kick in only in test mode right now if there is communication to the computer so I’m shorting out somewhere

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.