ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, long time lurker first time poster. I have an 06 WRX that has had some issues in the past, but I have been able to trouble shoot most of the time. However at this point I am frustrated beyond fixing it by myself and need assistance.

My clutch pedal lost pressure and would not disengage the clutch one day so I figured either the master or slave cylinder were at fault. I changed both, bench bled and the works but I could not get any pressure back on the clutch pedal, but the slave was extended all the way out towards the firewall with no way to push it back in by hand, without letting the pressure out via bleeder screw. Looking closer at the clutch fork the thing is very sloppy; I can pull and push in any direction and seems to be broken or missing the retaining clip. Any suggestions before I pull the tran? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also first time posting. Have you fixed this yet? My clutch fork just broke on me and I can't engage into any gears either. Just ordered the fork and also a few other parts since I'm going to be down there. If you've fixed it, did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also first time posting. Have you fixed this yet? My clutch fork just broke on me and I can't engage into any gears either. Just ordered the fork and also a few other parts since I'm going to be down there. If you've fixed it, did you do it yourself?
Sorry for late reply, you have probably fixed this by now. But to answer your question, I did fix it myself. It is not something you can do overnight, maybe on the weekend if you have a good buddy and a few beers to spare. I dropped the tranny and had a fun time with the whole project. If you have any questions or if anybody else does I can share my frustrations and opinions on here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for late reply, you have probably fixed this by now. But to answer your question, I did fix it myself. It is not something you can do overnight, maybe on the weekend if you have a good buddy and a few beers to spare. I dropped the tranny and had a fun time with the whole project. If you have any questions or if anybody else does I can share my frustrations and opinions on here.
Hey sorry for an incredibly late response but thank you for yours. I ended up doing it myself. Put the car on 4 stands, dropped the transmission and went ahead and replaced clutch and pressure plate while I was down there. It was pretty frustrating at times since I did it alone for the most part but it was a great experience. Learned so much about the car. Thanks again and sorry for the response, had I of checked this I probably could’ve reached out to get some tips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts