ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I bought one of the factory subs off ebay a couple of days ago. I just went for it because it's small, doesn't take up much space, and I don't really care about rattling my bolts loose. I just wanted something more than stock. So today I opened up the package and it came with the sub and the frame to mount the sub under the seat, thats it. I just got the instructions from I just checked out the instructions for installing it. Looking at it, I noticed that there is something that looks like it's a harness. I don't know if it is or not, but all I know is that I definatley didn't get one with my sub. Do I need one or is it back behind the stereo ready to plug in and go? Help. :confused:

Regards,
Corey

·
Registered
147 Posts
hey, the factory sub should come with a bracket and the sub plus a harness, the harness will plug directly to the radio and teh stock ardio harness plugs onto the sub harness, you should be able to install whole kit in 5 minutes, PM me if you need more help

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I got hosed lol... I got the sub for $80, so I'm not too mad about it. I emailed the seller to see if he would be willing to send the harness. But if not I'll have to pick one up. Thanks for the link! :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Most who are selling the factory sub use the harness for a new aftermarket sub. $80 is not bad + 75 for the harness. $155 a new one is ~$200 shipped. Maybe he has it for you though.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm still waiting for him to reply. If he ever does reply...:rolleyes: I didn't know that you could use the same harness for an aftermarket sub. Maybe thats why hes holding onto it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts