ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have factory subwoofer kit that mounted under the drivers seat on the 2011 wrx???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how does it sound? i want more bass in my car but i dont want something too big that take up the trunk space.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Factory sub is crap.. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've owned three, and they all ended up in the trash.

You could spend half as much and get something that easily sounds twice as good (and still fits under the seat).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I just bought my 11 WRX yesterday and the sub is terrible. Quite disappointing, I'm just glad they didn't charge me for it. I'm looking for a similar upgrade. Having come from the premium infiniti system in the genesis coupe and the bose in the altima coupe, this one hurts... :-/

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
If you're looking for something cheap that will fit under the seat this is a good option. Amazon.com: Boss Audio BASS600 8-Inch Low-Profile Amplified Subwoofer (Single): Car Electronics

It doesn't sound great, but it's WAY better than the OEM unit. I got mine for $90 shipped several years ago.. they're getting a little harder to find these days.
My 2 cents...

The BOSS Audio sounded great in my 07 WRX. It sounded awful in my '11. It was very obvious that the vertical space between the floor and the bottom of the passenger seat got much shorter in my '11 vs the 07. The space was so limited, the subwoofer was fighting itself - it needed another inch of space for the air to disperse when the bass hit. Unless the Sound Ordinance moves less air, I would imagine it will have the same issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey T2U, did you end up getting one of those? I'm looking at the Sound Ordance B-8PT or the Basslink II...

Also, does anyone have a DIY for installation?

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Hey T2U, did you end up getting one of those? I'm looking at the Sound Ordance B-8PT or the Basslink II...

Also, does anyone have a DIY for installation?
If you have the stock unit, you will be splicing wires. You will need the pinout to know which ones. Check here:

Stock head unit information -- pin-outs, aux inputs, and more - NASIOC

If you have aftermarket - its very easy as most HUs have sub outputs.

I don't have the link off hand, but mangostick posted a video on this site on how to get the factory HU out. Once I watched it, it took me 5 seconds to take off the plastic dash piece, and get to the 4 screws holding the radio in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts