ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I know Im a noob and all, but I havent seen any post like this so if there is dont flame me.

Ok im thinking about getting an 2005 WRX, and today when I was at the dealer, I asked him about mods that wouldnt void my warranty, and he brought up the new performance exhaust offered as an option for the 2005's. As anyone else heard this or by chance have one? If so does it sound good and/or actually give horsepower gains? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
465 Posts
I just got some Subaru Published Magazine the other day in the mail. It talked about a Bosal exhaust made as a Subaru option and it claimed 3hp. My guess is that it is too expensive and not worth the money.

Almost everyone here will tell you to screw the warranty and go for some nice aftermarket mods. Read up on Uppipes and downpipes. They will make your exhaust sound great and net you plenty of horsepower (25hp+). Well the uppipe will not really make the exhaust sound any better, but it will make the turbo a little more audible.

By the way welcome to the club and do some searchin!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ohh by the way. If you are REALLY concerned about the warranty you might want to check out Cobb's AccessECU or AccessPort. You can send your car's ECU to Cobb and they will reflash it and allow you to gain performance without the dealer being able to know. They claim 25hp with just a reflash of the ECU with a stock setup. I am running their Stage 2.5 Map and I love it. I haven't heard of anyone that has regreted going this path.

Check out this site. http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/accessecu.html
They also have dyno charts you can check out.

*** I'm not sure if they have a reflash available for 05's yet though. You might want to check on that one. :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts