ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car started doing something new. I've had it for 1.5 years now and this just started a couple of days ago. When I park and remove the key from the ignition the security symbol on the dash flashes. It never did this before. Was it supposed to?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
ur car is in valet mode...open the driver door and hold either the lock or unlock button for a couple seconds...youll hear a relay click...then its all fixed!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
whats the difference between valet mode and the reg mode?

mine just started last week too... i like it~
but does it hurt performance wise?

·
Registered
317 Posts
no, the valet mode is basically disarming the alarm totally. to switch between regular and valet, put the key in the off position, turn to on, then back to off. then with in 10 seconds of doing so, push the little black button that ur dealer installed.

ps kenshin, u go to binghamton right? i got my wrx this summer, so if u guys are down for some road rallys up in the mountains here, please let me know.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
where are you located wrxwex?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aaronwillen said:
ur car is in valet mode...open the driver door and hold either the lock or unlock button for a couple seconds...youll hear a relay click...then its all fixed!
Thanks! That worked.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
hes located in binghamton..
profile:

Engineering Student, SUNY Binghamton

I'll see you on campus this fri or sat =)
i am sure we'll meet..
im the yellow wrx.. i dont think you can miss it
i am prolly gonna go do a 1/4 w/ the sqc crew and evo crew, saturday, the 11th next month..

you should come..
we r gonna have a 3 car caravan from bing..
you are welcome to join us, and make it a 4 wrx caravan =)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
aaronwillen said:

Yeah I noticed it too a little while ago and went through my manual and turned it off.
Whats this evo vs wrx shootout, where is it located. I might be back up at school..RIT in Rochester..during that time...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts